Frame Flex

Dave49

I am in Gulf Shores AL staying in the Gulf State Park. When we got here and I took the 2011 Bighorn 3670 off the truck I noticed that I had a gap open up on the door side between the front cap and the side wall and underneath. Further investigation revealed movenent in the bedroom closet on the door side. There is at least a 1/2 inch movement up and down. It is my assumption frame flex, broken weld somewhere in that area. Frame Flex 1.jpgFrame Flex 2.jpg

Sorry the first time at putting a picture up. Anyone know of a good place to get this repaired in this area?

Dave

danemayer

Hi Dave,

Suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 to discuss possible causes, remedies, and who is qualified to do this type of repair. Have your vin # handy.

Dave49

Have put a call into them and of course was sent to a voice mail. Was told they were int here morning meeting and that it would be over in 10 min. that was an hour ago.........still waiting!

Dave

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Take good pictures of everything that you believe is effected by this. HL will want as much detail as possible.

You may want to check the roof where the cap meets up there to be sure. In case you get some rain. That just doesn't seem to cool.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Have put a call into them and of course was sent to a voice mail. Was told they were int here morning meeting and that it would be over in 10 min. that was an hour ago.........still waiting!

Dave
Keep calling. I have had great luck with their customer service. Good people that will take care of you

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
You might want to check the sidewalls for cracks as well, both with the truck and trailer attached and not attached. Include any photos of this also when submitting to HL.

Dave49

Update from Heartland. After taking several pictures they requested and I sent to them I get an email stating that they will have to discuss. Waiting on there decision which looks like Monday now at the earliest. Let you know when I know!

Dave

Last edited:

Dave49

Still no results on what Heartland may do with this problem. Talked with them yesterday and was told they would check into it. Waiting impatiently, as patience is not a virtue for me.......lol

Dave

wdk450

I e-mailed Heartland Service on 10/29 about mounting a solar panel, and possibly having the frame flex problem. As of yet, I have had no reply.
I e-mailed the service manager directly on 11/1 about this, and the Service e-mail not being answered. As of yet, no reply.

I am getting ready to phone.

N.A.H.C. (RVing term).

donr827

I always prefer talking to someone directly and not through a email. I think that this would be your best course at this time.

Don

wdk450

I always prefer talking to someone directly and not through a email. I think that this would be your best course at this time.

Don

I called, was connected to my California representative. . . .and left a message on his voicemail . . . . 2 hours ago.

Dave49

Ok have been given the answer. After letting them know this was my home and I am always on the road they just got back to me from customer service. Although my warranty has expired they explained to me that this could not be fixed in the field and that if I agreed to getting the unit to them they would fix it with no charge to me. I would have to get lodging on my own and they would not pay for fuel. I myself believe this is more than fair and commend Heartland for standing behind there product. It says volume for them.

With us being down in AL and then a one time move to FL. in Dec and there schedule full till Jan. we agreed that we will bring it in May on our way back as traveling in the winter in snow is not a good thing. They assured me there will be no problem traveling with this problem. I'm hoping not as we have approx. 1400 miles before we get there.

So all in all I am happy with the decision and thank Heartland for standing behind there product.

Dave

wdk450

Ok have been given the answer. After letting them know this was my home and I am always on the road they just got back to me from customer service. Although my warranty has expired they explained to me that this could not be fixed in the field and that if I agreed to getting the unit to them they would fix it with no charge to me. I would have to get lodging on my own and they would not pay for fuel. I myself believe this is more than fair and commend Heartland for standing behind there product. It says volume for them.

With us being down in AL and then a one time move to FL. in Dec and there schedule full till Jan. we agreed that we will bring it in May on our way back as traveling in the winter in snow is not a good thing. They assured me there will be no problem traveling with this problem. I'm hoping not as we have approx. 1400 miles before we get there.

So all in all I am happy with the decision and thank Heartland for standing behind there product.

Dave

Dave:
Any chance you could roll this into a trip to the National Goshen Rally???

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bill, you beat me to the punch....

Dave you'll love the National rally in Goshen.

Dave49

I will be at the Goshen rally for sure. We stay in MI during the summer so its no problem for us. Actually went to the Al/MS rally in Hattiesburg a couple weeks ago which was our 1st rally and had a great time with that group.

See you all there!!

Dave

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Dave...don't worry....we towed from south Texas to Elkhart and ours was opened a lot more than yours. We had no problem and Heartland fixed it for good! That was almost four years ago and never had another issue.

Heartland's customer service is why, after lots and lots if research on many other brands, we now have a Landmark on order to replace our Bighorn!! Don't think there's a better company out there....

jayandhisgals

Dave

Glad to hear HL has come thur again. Makes me happy to be a HL owner.