ATF: North Trail - Ladder on North Trail 26 LRSS

badamson

I would like to install a ladder to the roof on the back wall of my trailer (2012). How can I find stud locations and can you suggest a ladder model / supplier.

danemayer

Hi badamson,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already figured this out and will chime in shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pegmikef

I thought about that, but with the pull out rack in the back I decided against it and just bought a collapsible extension ladder that opens to 13 feet or a six foot step ladder. I haul it the back of my truck and it is pretty handy because I don't really have to climb on the roof just to check a particular area . . . plus it is useful around the house (easier than getting the extension ladder down).

ZNK

I also did what peg and mike do. I bought a 10 foot ladder and I keep it in the back of my truck. It is nice to be able to move the ladder to the exact spot you want to look at. I bought mine at Lowe's but camping world does sell quite a few highly collapsible versions.

JRBEN

I use a collapsible extension ladder as well. The one I have folds up so that it is only 4', and extends to 16'. Makes more sense to me as I can use it around the house as well when I need too.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Look for the studs outline to appear on the outside wall when a frost weather condition occures. Be sure to keep the inside temps at 60+ degs, the inside heat will transfer through the studs and melt the frost on the exterior walls allowing the studs to appear.
The roof mounting will take most of the ladders weight so keep that in mind.
Tweety's.com has RV roof ladders.

RuralPastor

I think my trailer is the same as yours. I contacted Heartland via email with my serial number and they sent me a diagram of the rear wall framing. I would be happy to email it to you, if you'd like. I never installed the ladder, but opted to purchase a 13' compact folding ladder ($85) to access the roof. Much more stable, versatile, and even saved a few bucks.