3950 Design Flaw

zigzag3337

Don't get me wrong, we love our 2012 Cyclone 3950 HD, however whoever designed it to where the electrical fuse panel/converter is located directly under the kitchen sink needs to go back and get a better education on common sense. So far, we've had two leaks at the sink area. One being a drain fitting not tighten prior to delivery and the other being a supply line fitting on the hot water side leaking after several times out.

Both times, I ended up pulling the electrical panel out and drying it off. I also had the dealer write it up for GP, just in case I have an issue down the road. There's about 5' of cabinet area there and it had to be installed right in the middle where water can get to it.

Unbelievable!!!

JasonShrout

Yeah, I had the same problem when the 45degree connector on my hot water line blew out, and when the hose connected to the faucet end broke. Better kill the breakers on your utility pole first. Likely to get zapped with 240vac if you mess with the interior breakers before those.

wdk450

I had something similar in my utilities compartment where my power converter/charger was located under the black tank washer atmospheric breaker line ( and this breaker frequently blows out). On my replacement $250 converter/charger I made a pagoda-type roof out of metal flashing that I velcroed on top to protect the converter/charger from possible future water spray events.

Admittedly this is a bad design that needs to be addressed, but maybe you could make some sort flashing or plastic protection flap until it gets fixed right.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
IMHO the converter should also be elevated off the floor at least a few inches, or wall mounted.
Mine is sitting flat on the basement floor and is vulnerable to a leak anywhere nearby, as water would most likely pool there. Trace

dbbls59

I don't think the designers have ever used a RV, let along repaired one. They have a mind set that nothing is ever going to go wrong.