electric rear stabilizers

chardel

are the electric rear stabilizers on the 12v system or the 120 v system? Just wondering how they are set up.

chardel

thanks, that is what I thought but when I got unit home last night after having it sit in storgage for a week until I could pick it up, they did not work when I tried to put the stabilizers down afer parking it. As soon as I plugged in, it worked fine. I just checked this morning by unplugging and trying stabilizers and they worked fine off battery. I don't know what happened last night but all seems well there this morning.

roazo

Sundance Owner
If it happens again you could check the crimp on the wire terminals on the circuit breakers that are located near the battery. If they work in one direction but not the other you could have a loosre connection on the switch or a bad switch.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another thing to check are the 2 switches on the reefer. These are to control ambient temp and climate control. These switches are located on the right side of the freezer box just over the door. When parking the rig unplugged for any length of time these should be off. They use 12 volt power and fairly quickly. Congrats on the new unit by the way. Welcome to the Heartland family.

bking

My dealer told me another source of battery drain is the LP gas detector which is always on. I was adviced to turn off the main switch in the battery compartment when storing and not hooked up to shore power for any length of time. Probably good advice to also close the LP tank valves to avoid any leaks that will go undetected while stored.

cmart

Main switch in the battery compartment???? Is this standard on 2008 BH3055RLs????? If so I need to know where it is exactly.

nhunter

Bighorns and the others don't get the battery disconnect. I put in my own was't to hard. I goes between the battery and frame. Just cut ground in half and install switch. The should be some threads relative if you do a search.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I posted this before. Go down to a good marine shop and buy a 12 volt main ckt breaker. They come is different sizes (amps). I use a 50 amp breaker and it works great. The breaker can be used as an disconnect and when connected will provide protection against electrical faults. If you have a fault said in the slidepump or others electrical devices the battery will have enough energy to start a bad fire. And just think, the bedroom is right above this!