Bedside storage

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Originally, I was using a small table beside the bed, since my side doesn't have a shelf. The table worked but I would hit it getting in and out of bed and items would get knocked off. Another complication is a sliding door for the bath, which prevents a shelf being added to the nearby wall.

So, here is my solution. I found a little metal-mesh storage basket at 'Big Lots', and added some hooks to the slide facia with Command adhesive strips. The basket will be removed for travel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352521892.009412.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352521911.223963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
very nice - I may steal that solution for my own... since my current bed side storage is "The Floor"

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Because the facia isn't flush, I slightly bent the top edge of the basket to conform. The hooks came with double-stick tape... But I used 3M Command strips in case I need to remove them.

I had to cut the mesh to make holes for the hooks, but needle-nose pliers seemed to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looking good! Here is what I did. But Erika I know you could not do this due to your window being too low.

2011-10-21_10-13-48_49.jpg

TheLindsays

Thats cool... our bedside table is at the foot of the bed!?!.. I could do that on my side as there is the side of a closet where I could put this up high enough to be out of the way but could still reach my phone etc.