Winterizing 2008 Big Country 3250TS

First winter to have 2008 Big Country 3250TS. Owner's manual not helpful in telling me how to winterize. Biggest question is how to use the "antifreeze sanitize inlet". I assume this is the hose I use to suck antifreeze into the lines but it has a plastic nut on the end of it. Anyone have the same RV? Can anyone give me instructions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi CountryBoy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure one of our members will jump in soon to help out. Me,, I live in South Texas, so I never do that. :)

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Just finished doing our Big Country yesterday. I can share our process but a 2008 may not be exactly the same! First I drained the water tank remembering to open the check valve first! Drained the fresh water. Holding tanks were already empty. At the UDC I switch the water bypass valves to Winterize. You rig may or may not have these, hopefully it does as it makes it a little easier. I have a hose I can connect to the Antifreeze inlet. I connect it drop the end into a bottle of antifreeze (I use DOW glycol based available at Home Depot for $5.00 gal) Turn on the water pump and proceed to open each outlet (sinks, outside shower, toilet etc.) until I see the antifreeze. Takes me about three gallons as I an over cautious making sure it is running through the system. Many prefer to simply blow the lines with compressed air...I use the antifreeze. There are links on this forum with a Winterizing Checklist...I am sure someone will post it!

HERE is a youtube video of someone winterizing an Elkridge.

HERE is one doing a compressed air thing.

Vtxkid

Were can I get a hose to connect to the antifreeze inlet?

My antifreeze inlet line clips to the side wall. If I remove the hose from the clip, I can pull it out and extend it enough to place it in my antifreeze gallon bottle and start the process!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2