4100 King Patio Question

rgwilliams69

Hello all - a quick question for anyone that might know. On my new Cyclone patio rails (the side ones) there are a couple of canvas pieces about 2ft/1ft clipped on the top rail with three clips, and looking like they have some sort of long clip along the entire bottom edge of them. I've searched the forum and looked through all my info, but I cannot figure out what they are for. My dealer didn't say anything about them in the PDI. Anyone know what they are for?

Thanks much!

Bksvo

These flaps will close the gap between the rails and the door frame (to help keep the critters in). The long clip will slide over part of the door frame.

rgwilliams69

Aha! Figured they were something like that but just couldn't figure it out. We are heading out this weekend and then next week for Thanksgiving, so I will give this a try. Thanks so much for the quick reply Bksvo!

scottyb

Was wondering the same thing. Fortunately, my critters are too large to fit through the space, so the thought never crossed my mind. I just returned from the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Napa World Finals in Phoenix. My 10 mo airedale had free run of the garage and patio during the day while I was on the water working.

PHX Cove 1080.jpg

ILH

It took me a while to figure it out too - it was my 16 year old who made me seem like an idiot for not figuring it out right away. :D

rgwilliams69

It took me a while to figure it out too - it was my 16 year old who made me seem like an idiot for not figuring it out right away. :D

Yep, for us it was my neighbor's 6 year old who said "look, you can open the screen door without sliding the little window open!" Would have taken me about six months to figure out. Lol. Anyway we are out again this weekend so I will probably be posting a few more questions. Working on the satellite TV hookup today. I am amazed though that they didn't run HDMI cables from the DVD area to the TV. That will be a fun job!

ILH

I consider myself at a disadvantage when my 16 year old doesn't travel with my wife and I. He's usually the first to fix something or understand the electronics.

rgwilliams69

We have two critters. A 105 pound Old English Sheepdog, and a 6 pound Silky Terrier. Needless to say the Sheepdog is not getting through although we have to take him into account on weight capacity. :) But the little buy cannot get through with the flaps installed, thanks folks! He did eye under the rail a couple of times, so that might become an issue until he is full grown at probably around 10-11 pounds. They think if just everything on these things!

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I was fortunate to figure mine out as it was hanging next to it. I kept looking at it and the gapping slot between the rail and garge door frame. Back and forth looking at the two and it hit me. DOPE, keep the kids or pets in. But I also have a 1 yr old and she finds ever spot that she can just barely fit through so I assume I am always looking for those traps that she can find.

Though I applaud anybody that uses the Patio System. We have yet to have a chance to use it. I really want to use it to.

rgwilliams69

We had a chance to use it again over this past weekend camping on the Ohio River in deep Southern Illinois. Made a great place to sit and watch the kids fish or watch the barges go by. Like having your own little cottage on the river!
Ohio River Thanksgiving.jpg

DocFather

Ya'll might think I am a "nut job!" But when I picked up my '14 4100 3 weeks ago, the "experts" and their "Assistant Surgeons" actually had no clue as to how to engage then disengage the patio rail system. Aside from scratching the heck out of my "ramp" their lack of knowledge did convince me that I DON'T NEED A RAIL SYSTEM! Especially if I am going to store my bike every nite. Too much of a pain in the rear! (in more ways than one - get it?) Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I had them remove the brackets and told them to keep the silly parts and give them to some homeless RV'er!!!! HA HA. I am now "rail free!!!"

remoandiris

Anyone know if those flaps are standard on all patio models? My 4000 does not have them unless they are still hiding where the factory put them. I've looked everywhere.