Fresh Water Tank does not empty

Superduty

Grand Canyon
New to this forum
Also just purchased a 2008 Bighorn 3670rl.

Just wondering if I am the only one with this particular problem.
The last two times out, we would always run out of water when the gauge showed 1/3 tank.

So tonight, I measured out 30 gallons of water and poured into fresh water tank,, (Tank was completely empty, last trip home I had drain open while driving). Ran pump and measured how much water came out until pump quit pumping... Pumped out about 8 gallons and water pump started pumping air.. I then opened up drain and got about another 3 gallons and it quit draining.. I then went under coach and pressed up on tank, and water started draining again...?

I do have an appointment with dealer to have this looked at. Guessing that tank is not in level, or it is bowed.

Otheriwise love the coach.

nhunter

Pretty common problem with short / wide tanks. If you do a search for fresh water tanks you should come up with some answers. Enjoy

ChopperBill

There should be some room to shim up the tank opposite the pump outlet side. This will help let gravity do its job. Like nhunter said there should be a topic or two on this. I think everyones trailer, no matter the brand, has this problem but lots of folks dont know it because they are camp ground hook up folks.

Superduty

Grand Canyon
Thanks alot,

I will mention to the dealer about setting up the door side a bit... Not a real big problem... We do alot of primitive camping. So I usually fill the tank full and also bring along another 30 gallons, with 5 in the family that amount still does not last long...

Superduty

Uncle Rog

Howdy, here you go, this link shouldget you headed in the right direction
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1985&highlight=water+tank+capacity