EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Elephant Butte - 4/18/2013 to 4/20/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hello From New Mexico,

The 1st annual Heartland Owners New Mexico chapter rally is all set!

402 Highway 195, PO Box98
Elephant Butte, New Mexico 87935
Phone: 575-744-5996.

DATES:
Thursday April-18 through Saturday April- 20,2013

COST:
$34.00 a night that includes:
- WIFI
- CableTV
- Discount to Elephant Butte Hotel, resturant and gift shop,across the street

You will need to make a 1 night reservation fee at the campground.

MENTION HEARTLAND OWNERS CLUB RALLY WHEN MAKING YOUR RESERVATIONS.

They will put aside 10 sites together for us.

AGENDA:
Saturday night we will have a rally potluck dinner so let me know what you would like to bring for the potluck,so we do not have to much of one thing

Sunday morning April- 21-2013 before we leave I will supply pancakes. Please RSVP if you are comming to the rally.

ATTENDEES:

1. Terry and June Rainwater (MTPockets) from Fla bringing for potluck: Taco salad
  2. Dave and Day Craker (David Craker) from NM bringing for pot luck: home made baked beans
  3. Mel and Karen Beeman (melbeeman) from AZ bringing for potluck: mac and cheese
  4. Garry (doublegranch) from AZ bringing for potluck: Cowboy baked beans
  5. Dean and Jodi (shovelguy) from OR bringing to potluck: desert
  6. Don and Monica Ashby Colorado Chapter Leader bringing to potluck: dessert, ADDING #7. Jim and Jan Quella from Wi

Last edited:

hapjack

Rick & Blanca: We are planning to leave for In. about April 16. Will plan to attend this group rally.We will be sending our deposit shortly. This will be our first rally:eek:.Looking forward to meeting everyone.We will furnish hot german potato salad if it goes along with every ones dish. If there are any changes please let us know.

TRAVELER07

Rick & Blanca: We are planning to leave for In. about April 16. Will plan to attend this group rally.We will be sending our deposit shortly. This will be our first rally:eek:.Looking forward to meeting everyone.We will furnish hot german potato salad if it goes along with every ones dish. If there are any changes please let us know.
Welcome Jack and Carol, Blanca and I are looking forward to meeting you and Hot German potato salad (Yummy) goes good with anything. Enjoy your winter and stay warm.See you in April

MTPockets

How 'bout a couple of Mis-placed Floridians joining you at this Rally? ..... I'm working out our summer itinerary and we'll be in NM in April after attending the March Florida Rally and early April Rally in Texas. If you'll have us we'll be there....Terry & June Rainwater - HOC 2042.

TRAVELER07

How 'bout a couple of Mis-placed Floridians joining you at this Rally? ..... I'm working out our summer itinerary and we'll be in NM in April after attending the March Florida Rally and early April Rally in Texas. If you'll have us we'll be there....Terry & June Rainwater - HOC 2042.

Terry and June, We would love having a lost Floridans(or what ever they call anybody from Florida) And we will have the Green and Red chili flowing in your honor.:cool: Hope to see you at the rally Rich & Blanca

melbeeman

This is Mel and Karen Beeman (new to the Heartland Owners Club) and we would like to join you for this rally. Please let us know what we need to do next. Thanks.

plumberdude

Hey to all.
Miss Lori and I will be coming back to Los Alamos the end of Feb, We love to attend the frist rally.
Let us know what we would need to bring. Good times and fun for all..
thanks
pat -lori

TRAVELER07

This is Mel and Karen Beeman (new to the Heartland Owners Club) and we would like to join you for this rally. Please let us know what we need to do next. Thanks.
Mel and Karen next thing to do is call Elephant Butte RV resort at 575-744-5996 and let them know that you are registering with for the Heartland owners rally and want be be in the Heartland group then post what you like to bring for the potluck dinner Sat 4-20-13 so that I can keep track so that we don't have to much of one type of food and nothing else that enjoy your winter until April. C U in April Looking forward to meeting both of you

TRAVELER07

Hey to all.
Miss Lori and I will be coming back to Los Alamos the end of Feb, We love to attend the frist rally.
Let us know what we would need to bring. Good times and fun for all..
thanks
pat -lori

Hello Pat and Lori Glad to hear that your comming to the 1st NM rally what ever you would like to bring to the Sat potluck we will enjoy having we have no deserts yet. Looking forward to seeing you in April

TRAVELER07

I have to work, but the wife says she might join you...

Hello Art and Pat, Sorry to hear that you have to work Art (next year call in sick )LOL But we would like to have Pat come, there will be other ladies for her to meet. Hope to see you at the rally.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
How is the fishing at the lake??? What are they catching?? I assume the sites are all full hook ups..

Garry

TRAVELER07

HI Garry, I haven't heard how the fishing is going so far this year Water level is very low The fish you can catch are channel cat,black bass and yes all sites are full hookup and about 5 min drive to the state park and lake or 10 min drive to the Rio Grande river.hope you can make it. Rich

Doublegranch

Rich:

Thanks for the fishing update....Yes I plan to attend....will make my reservations this weekend. Put me down for Cowboy baked beans...Think this bachelor can whip that up without worries of emergency care afterwards..
Look forward to meeting everyone and perhaps changing chapters from Colo to NM....know you will have to do a vote, background check and fingerprints...but think that all will pass....
Garry & Dakota,,,,My "Aussie" girl

Doublegranch

Rich:

Thanks for the fishing update....Yes I plan to attend....will make my reservations this weekend. Put me down for Cowboy baked beans...Think this bachelor can whip that up without worries of emergency care afterwards..
Look forward to meeting everyone and perhaps changing chapters from Colo to NM....know you will have to do a vote, background check and fingerprints...but think that all will pass....
Garry & Dakota,,,,My "Aussie" girl

Hey just noticed someone else is bringing baked beans...so I will switch....not sure yet to what, but it will be good....
Garry

Doublegranch

All booked and confirmed for the April Rally....Looking forward to meeting everyone. The campsite said check in was at noon, so I will plan to pull in at that time.
Is anyone a Scotch drinker?
Can anyone tell me what the road off I10 to Silver City and up to Elephant Butte is like,,,vs using going through Hatch and up I 25 from AZ......
Garry

TRAVELER07

All booked and confirmed for the April Rally....Looking forward to meeting everyone. The campsite said check in was at noon, so I will plan to pull in at that time.
Is anyone a Scotch drinker?
Can anyone tell me what the road off I10 to Silver City and up to Elephant Butte is like,,,vs using going through Hatch and up I 25 from AZ......
Garry
Hea Garry, The road from I10 you can catch is at Demming US180 it is 2 lane blacktop hilly not in the mountians, that road will take you into Silver City than you can take NM 152 which is switchbacks 2 lane mountian road blacktop with Emory Pass at 8,000 ft and no guard rails ,curbs or shoulders toI25 north.Or at Demming you can take NM 26 which is hilly 2 lane blacktop road through farm land and into Hatch NM to I25 north which ever way you go remember NM has open ranges so be careful cattle may be on the roads.C U in April Rich

shovelguy

We are now signed up to attend your rally. We will be spending a week at the park beginning April 17. We will bring a dessert to the pot luck. See you all then. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

TRAVELER07

We are now signed up to attend your rally. We will be spending a week at the park beginning April 17. We will bring a dessert to the pot luck. See you all then. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hello Dean and Jodi, Great to hear that your comming to the rally looking forward to meeting both of you C U in April. Rich and Blanca

Doublegranch

Hea Garry, The road from I10 you can catch is at Demming US180 it is 2 lane blacktop hilly not in the mountians, that road will take you into Silver City than you can take NM 152 which is switchbacks 2 lane mountian road blacktop with Emory Pass at 8,000 ft and no guard rails ,curbs or shoulders toI25 north.Or at Demming you can take NM 26 which is hilly 2 lane blacktop road through farm land and into Hatch NM to I25 north which ever way you go remember NM has open ranges so be careful cattle may be on the roads.C U in April Rich
Thanks for the road info...I have used the Hatch road numerous times and didn't know why Google Maps showed the other way shorter in distance but longer in time....the narrow road and switch backs make a big difference...I appreciate your help and info.. See you in April.
Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.