Front and Back Lights?

traveler44

I started thinking that it might be a good idea if we had a front and back light on the Bighorn. I have the motion sensor porch light and another on the other side in place of the scare light but wondered if anybody have added anything to the front and back of the fifth wheels to light those ares up? Maybe a light mounted high on the front and back that could be turned on from the inside that would shine down and light up the front or back if needed. Maybe in place of one of the running lights? Tom

sengli

One thing I have noticed is the windows are tinted so dark (which is a good thing), that using exterior lights at night isn't real effective. Looking from the inside out of course.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
On a previous 5th wheel, I mounted a back up light under the rig that was switched from the storage area. It was helpful when backing after dark. I really never used it for security or anything other than backing up. Under the front bedroom area there is a white light similar to the OEM porch light. I rarely use that one either. About the only light we ever use is the motion sensor porch light. Or the awning lights when it's out.

Last edited:

TXTiger

I have a Cyclone and there are two bright lights on the back to illuminate the loading ramp with an on/off switch in the garage area. Never have used them for security because they are really bright and would annoy anyone camped behind me.

mobilcastle

On a previous 5th wheel, I mounted a back up light under the rig that was switched from the storage area. It was helpful when backing after dark. I really never used it for security or anything other than backing up. Under the front bedroom area there is a white light similar to the OEM porch light. I rarely use that one either. About the only light we ever use it the motion sensor porch light. Or the awning lights when it's out.
Backup light is a great idea. We try to get off the road early but have been in the dark before trying to back in-not as much fun.

traveler44

I am already thinking that a portable motion sensor light clamped to the ladder in the back could be switched on from inside if it were plugged in at the awning receptacle. Aimed down and if it were not real bright it shouldn't bother other campers.