Goldway Tires...knew they'd be a problem!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
When we picked up our 3600 RL on July 6th, I was very concerned about the tires that were on it. It came with Goldway tires and I asked on this forum about them, no one had ever heard of them. The only thing I could find out was they are Chinese made.

We have been watching these tires very carefully for problems, and as expected, now we have problems. We got the Hershey, PA this morning to set up for the RV show, and as usual check all the tires. One of them all of a sudden has at least six "bubbles" on the side wall! Definitely do NOT want to tow this rig like this!!

I need some assistance...don't know who makes them, where they can be found or how I get them replaced! Nothing in our paper work talks about these tires and no one else seems to have gotten them...PLEASE HELP!!

fishn2dmax

We took delivery of our Unit in July and noticed no-name ( "Unicorn Express") tires on it. I too worried about it and just like you, one of my tires developed a bubble at 2500 miles.

I was told to contact http://www.tredit.com. To their credit, they were helpful in getting me connected to Unicorn tires ( Chinese distributor). They sent me a new tire, but would not do more than that (I wanted to replace all tires with Maxxis or Michelin tires). I would suggest contacting Tredit and they will help you directly or assist you with the China tire maker for resolution.

Again, I hate to get on my soapbox, but I sure wish Heartland and all the other RV makers would realize the possible safety issues to their customers by using "non-proven" Chinese tires for the purpose of a slight increase in profit margin. I would have gladly paid an additional $200-$300 for proven ST tires. I have yet to see one good Chinese made ST tire on the market. If China does makes a proven ST tire ,with a good history, I'd sure like to know about it.

Good Luck

kakampers

Thanks for the info, however, these are not ST tires they are G rated LT tires and I don't think Tredit supplies these Goldways. I am contacting Heartland in the morning to see who does supply these tires...

snuffy

My new set of Marathons are made in China. Anything for a few extra dollars profit. I too wish there was an option for other tires.

kakampers

Wanted to thank both Jim Fenner and Gary in customer service at Heartland! After several days of trying to determine the manufacturer/supplier of these Goldway tires, have replaced them with Goodyear G614's.

Both Jim and Gary went out of their way to work with us and bring this problem to an amicable resolution for both us and Heartland...couldn't be happier with their caring and responsiveness!

NO MORE CHINA BOMBS...YIPEEEE!!:)

vrugt

Kakampers: since there is quite some discussion about tire pressure, what pressure did you maintain in the Goldways?

kakampers

We use Pressure Pro and always maintained between 105 and 110 psi cold in all four tires. This was based on the weight we were carrying on them. The sidewall bubbles were most likely due to an insufficient sidewall construction which allowed air to escape from the tire between the belts in the sidewall.