Contact with Heartland Service

ZNK

I just wanted to let everyone know how please I am with the Heartland service department in Elkhart, IN.

I have recently discovered that the fender skirt is cracking under the screws and that my grey water pull handle is no longer attached.

I emailed JD at Heartland Service and he responded immediately. He is working to send me the parts directly to my house and I can install them to avoid having Heartland pay shop and labor charges. This way I don't have to pull my rig into busy Portland down small streets.

This is excellent customer service, wouldn't buy any other brand. Heartland is top notch.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That's how we feel too! Our Landmark goes online this week..it is our Second Heartland, and have lived in our Bighorn for almost six years...expect this new one to take us all the way through the rest of our full timing life, and then some!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
ZNK, the valve issue might be that the nut on the cable on the back side of the frame came loose and fell off. Had it happen to me. If you do replace the cable, pull it apart and grease the inner cable before you install it. In fact, I would do it to all the cables. Sure makes them operate better.

ZNK

ZNK, the valve issue might be that the nut on the cable on the back side of the frame came loose and fell off. Had it happen to me. If you do replace the cable, pull it apart and grease the inner cable before you install it. In fact, I would do it to all the cables. Sure makes them operate better.

Nah, what happened is the extension and handle came loose. The extension and handle is just threaded on. The valve still works fine... I was able to open and close without issue with a pair of pliers. Heartland is sending me a new extension and handle to replace the one that fell off. I will use LocTite on it so it doesn't wiggle free again.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Yay! Way to go JD & Heartland for, once again, providing A1 Customer Service!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can you are anyone else elaborate on how to take the handles apart to grease the cables? Mine is becoming pretty hard to pull or close.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Michael, the only way to do it is drop the coroplast and unhook the cable at the valve. The handle will come out with the cable. The only issue is, if the cable has a kink in the end at the valve.....it might hard to get the cable out. I used lithium grease on mine.