3300CK Hidden Floor Storage

Earl_Max

OK, I have to know.
Why did the hidden floor storage AKA (toy box) go away in the 3300CK? I thought this was really nice touch to a great floor plan.
Mom and the kids (and Dad) were sad to find that our 2013 did not come with it.:(

Did somebody lock little Sis in it?
Did the slide interfere with it?

Under Edit, I just popped over to the Heartland Sundance website. The Toybox is still shown.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Earl_Max,

We have a new GM for Sundance/Greystone. His name is Paul Craven. I just realized yesterday that we had email notifications going to the previous GM. So Paul had not received any notices since he started. This was fixed yesterday. Paul is in the process of joining the forum and he'll get online and be responsive to Sundance/Greystone conversation in the ATF and Prospective Owner forums.

That said, kindly phone the factory on Monday at 574-262-5992 and ask for Paul Craven.

Earl_Max

Dan,
Sundance -"Ask The Factory" seemed like a place where "The Factory" would occasionaly look. I am active in many Forums.

Jim,
Thank You very much for replying. I'm a new Heartland owner and am testing the waters so to speak.
I'm just curious about the change, obviously I'll live with it.
It was just such a unique feature that was a step above other manyfacturers IMHO and it was shocking to see it gone.
I will call Paul Monday just for kicks.

Earl

Earl_Max

I called and left Paul a voicemail Monday, suggested that he might have a look here.
No Reply VIA phone or otherwise.
Not worth my time to pursue for a matter of curiousity.
I've got camping trips to plan!

Moose2013

Earl_Max

The spouse and I just bought a 2013 3300CK in November 2012 and it does have the toy box in it. Not sure if they changed mid-stream or if it not a standard option, but ours did come with it. The dealer still has it as we bought late in the year they offered to store it for us until spring, can't wait to get it home.

Happy Camping!

Earl_Max

Moose,

That's curious. I got mine the first week in December.Is yours the new colors (Mocha cap) or old?
I called Paul Craven and left a voice message asking about the toy box........no reply.

Moose2013

Earl_Max,

Ours would be the old color scheme, not the new redesigned Sundance with the Mocha exterior. Except for the decals, ours is all white. Starting to wonder if ours was an end of 2012 beginning of 2013 build since they apparently redesigned the interior/exterior. Looking online at a few of the new ones, the floor plans indicate a toy box, but you don't see it in any of the photo's.

Earl_Max

2-23-13 The Toybox is STILL shown on the floorplan on the Heartland website as well as the old outside kitchen layout.
Strangely the flooring is updated.
This is annoying and a disservice to people who primarily shop floorplans online :(

iaflatlander

Been watching this thread. I don't have a dog in the fight about the floor plan, but I it appears that there is no factory in the "ask the factory". IMHO, better to drop this as part of the forum than just let it dangle...

P

Paul.craven

First, I want to introduce myself to the forum, I am Paul Craven the GM of Sundance with Heartland RV. I apologize to the few people that I have been unable to make contact with or answer your questions. I am fairly new with the company and am doing my best to talk with as many customers/owners I can. I understand the frustrations of trying to keep up with all the ongoing changes that we as a Manufacturer make, and also of viewing outdated material from our website. I won't make excuses, just know that I am listening to your questions and concerns and trying, in my short time with the company, to address things like updating the website and communication flow to the retail customers.

I will more closely monitor the forum in the future, but please feel free to contact me at the plant should the need arise. Many of you have already done so and it has been great speaking already with so many Heartland owners. I travel quite a bit, so feel free to email me or send a PM, probably the best way to get ahold of me?

Thank you all.

P

Paul.craven

The Toybox was removed from the 3300CK in approx August of 2012. There may still be some of those models unsold in Dealer inventory across the country. The website will be changed to show this reflection. Sorry for the delay in responding, I had spoke with a Sundance owner via phone last month regarding this, but was not aware there were still questions?

Again, Thank you.

jimtoo

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Your help will be greatly appreciated by the Heartland Family. I'm sure you have a full time job at the plant as a manager, but any time you can spare answering questions in your area will be appreciated. If we can help you in any way, just ask, the Heartland family is here to help.

I look forward to meeting you in June at the rally.

Thanks for coming on board.

Jim M

iaflatlander

First, I want to introduce myself to the forum, I am Paul Craven the GM of Sundance with Heartland RV. I apologize to the few people that I have been unable to make contact with or answer your questions. I am fairly new with the company and am doing my best to talk with as many customers/owners I can. I understand the frustrations of trying to keep up with all the ongoing changes that we as a Manufacturer make, and also of viewing outdated material from our website. I won't make excuses, just know that I am listening to your questions and concerns and trying, in my short time with the company, to address things like updating the website and communication flow to the retail customers.

I will more closely monitor the forum in the future, but please feel free to contact me at the plant should the need arise. Many of you have already done so and it has been great speaking already with so many Heartland owners. I travel quite a bit, so feel free to email me or send a PM, probably the best way to get ahold of me?

Thank you all.

Thank you Mr. Craven. It is nice to see you are monitoring this forum :).

In this changing environment of exploding technological opportunities, I appreciate Heartland's recognition of the growing importance of the internet for communication to and support for their customers.

Another reason that Heartland is leading the rv industry:D!

Again, thank you!

Earl_Max

The Toybox was removed from the 3300CK in approx August of 2012. There may still be some of those models unsold in Dealer inventory across the country. The website will be changed to show this reflection. Sorry for the delay in responding, I had spoke with a Sundance owner via phone last month regarding this, but was not aware there were still questions?

Again, Thank you.

Thank You Paul,

What started as a a curious question turned into "Is there anyone reading this?".
Thank you for popping in, as a new Heartland owner, I'm testing the "company waters" with my 3300CK and getting support means alot to me at this point.

Yeah, 5-6 months of posting a toy box that does not exist is too long. NONE of the 7-8 dealers I talked to had a clue that it would not be there.
FYI I orderred and picked mine (12-6-13) up at Great Lakes RV.....just down the road from you guys by the way....and they did not know. They were the very first Heartland dealer if I am not mistaken.

Earl_Max

Again, Thank you.

April is here and the website still shows the toy box and the old outside kitchen.........tsk........tsk.

Earl_Max

BUMP...June 2013 is here and the website still shows the toy box and the old outside kitchen.........tsk........tsk.

Earl_Max

Bump again, Mid July 2013 and the Sundance 3300 CK on the Heartland website still shows the toy box. Wake up Mr. Webmaster.

Earl_Max

There it is. August and the Toybox has been removed from the floor plan illustration. 9 months after is was NLA. Thank You Mr. Webmaster.
Now if you can update the outside kitchen to the correct configuration with the forward fridge / rear pull-out table.

I know, I know, picky. But for online shoppers it has got to be right.