Faucet Screens

FlyerChief

Finally figured out why the faucets have been running so sluggish. Pulled the aerator off both the kitchen and bathroom sinks and found the screens almost completely plugged up with a blue putty-like material. It is embedded in the screen material and it won't come out.

The good news is its an easy fix.....a trip to the hardware store for some new screens should solve the problem!

I like simple problems that are easy to fix!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MTPockets

Interesting to see this post.... I did mine just yesterday and found a tiny bit of that same blue stuff... The kitchen and bath faucets each had two screens, so I just removed one and reassembled - faucets do just fine.... Didn't check the shower as it flow is O.K.... Do you suppose the second faucet screen was for extra filtering? Don't really feel it's necessary but I kept them in case I change my mind.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
When we got our BC last year, it had the same problem. I took the screens out, let them soak in a degreaser solution (like greaselightning) a couple of hours then re-installed them. Had to do the kitchen sink 2 more times before getting all the putty out of the lines. Haven't had the problem since.