Great Grill for the quick connect propane fitting at Sams Club

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Thanks for the info, Brad. Our grill is has done its job,but we are ready for a more durable model. I really like the one you have found. Happy New Year!

jbeletti

Man - hate to make this seem like a "beat down". But love my Weber Q too!

That said, if I was in the market for a new grill - at $100, this might be one to try. Thanks for passing it on to the group and by all means, do circle back to this thread to give us your impression of it after you've used it a few times.

I wasn't really promoting the grill. I just had trouble finding a grill that wasn't already regulated so I was passing along the info. If you have one you like thats great.

i

rick_debbie_gallant

I wasn't really promoting the grill. I just had trouble finding a grill that wasn't already regulated so I was passing along the info. If you have one you like thats great.

i

Sorry BTOUTDOORS did not mean for mine, and I am sure anyone else intended to be doing a "beat down". Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Rick and Debbie I didn't mean to reply specifically to y'all. I am new to this and was just trying to provive some helpful info to folks.

jbeletti

btoutdoors - you are doing great at this. Please stick with us.

My point was that "I" didn't want to make this seem like a "beat down" by me jumping on the pile. We appreciate what you are bringing to the table. It's easy for us to stay all comfy in our boxes. Thanks for keeping it real. Do let us know how that grill works out.

Thanks for contributing to the forum.

Thank You, This is what forums are about, everyone has something to contribute. I will be checking in to see whats going on. We are really enjoying our 2013 prowler 5er. Y'all camp happy!

pegmikef

How hard is it to convert a Weber Q to low pressure with quick connects so it can be used with the rig's low pressure outlet?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I originally tried the sams club grill but had several problems and end up returning it. I purchased a Master Forge grill from Lowes instead and like it much better.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_304040-1079...RL=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

I ended up trying the Sams club grill out. The grill is solidly built but has some issues that forced me to return it and consider something else.
the two biggest issues are the burners are not adjustable as far as the gas air mixture, this created large, yellow sooty flames and could not be resolve due to the burn adjustment being permenantly welded into a fixed position. The second major issue is that the entire base has non-adjustable air vent on three sides of the grill. No way to reduce the air flow when windy or other conditions need it.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31518-Gas-grill?highlight=grill

I also have the Master Forge grill and its a great little grill. It just wouldn't work with the low pressure outlet on our trailer.

Tumble Weed

I found a great grill that is easy to convert for use with the quick connect system. It is well made and seems to work perfectly. Has alot of great reviews. I just thought I would share it with you all. Happy Camping!
Brad
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/portable-stainless-steel-gas-grill-with-cover/prod2500002.ip?navAction=
Thanks Brad
I'M full timing now and need a good grille, being able to hook up to RV sounds good. I hadn't even though of that.

What Weber Q is every one using. I'M looking for a good grille full timing, so not to big or small, just the right size for 2.:)

ILH

Thanks Brad
I'M full timing now and need a good grille, being able to hook up to RV sounds good. I hadn't even though of that.

What Weber Q is every one using. I'M looking for a good grille full timing, so not to big or small, just the right size for 2.:)

If you're just cooking for 2, the Weber Q120 is just right. The Q220 is much larger. I feed a family of 4 on the Q120 - way too small, but I bought it when the kids were smaller. I'd love to move up in size.

BTW, the difference between the Q100 and Q120 (and Q200 and Q220) is the addition of the thermostat and some other options. Functionally they are the same.

porthole

Retired
I found a great grill that is easy to convert for use with the quick connect system. It is well made and seems to work perfectly. Has alot of great reviews. I just thought I would share it with you all. Happy Camping!

Brad

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/portable-stainless-steel-gas-grill-with-cover/prod2500002.ip?navAction=

Looks identical to the grill Costco carries. I got one last summer to replace my Weber Q. The Q's are good, but I just didn't like the way it cooked, not hot enough, and too easy to flame out. Although, the Q200 grill rack is perfect for cooking on campfire truck rims.

On my Costco stainless I didn't care for all the grease that would splatter out those side vents, so I covered them on the inside with some thin stainless sheet I had. And the Q200 cover just fits.