2013 Goshen Rally - Pre-Rally Info

jbeletti

This thread will be used for the Pre-Rally period of the 2013 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Goshen, Indiana. We'll keep this thread updated as we continue to finalize the activities.

Goshen Pre-Rally

What is it?
The pre-rally is defined as a period of time prior to the start of the actual rally. It's a time for those who can make it to the area early, to:
  • Get settled in a site
  • Get acquainted with the area
  • Try local restaurants
  • Get your shopping done
  • Go see the sights
  • Etc.
Where is it:
We will stay at the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds - same venue as the rally. We will be in water/power only sites.

When is it:

The official pre-rally runs from Tuesday, June 11 through Monday June 17. By official, I mean that you will register for the pre-rally when you register for the actual rally. You will pay for the pre-rally when you register for the actual rally. You can only register for the pre-rally through the actual rally registration process. The venue will not be taking camping reservations from you directly for the pre-rally period. You "may" be able to arrive even prior to the official pre-rally. For camping dates prior to June 11, you may contact the venue directly.

How much does it cost?
The cost for the pre-rally is as follows:
  • A per night camping fee of: $tbd
  • Tour costs for those opting to go on any pre-arranged tours
What is planned for this time?
Well, we "plan" to have:
  • Some suggested itineraries and lists of local activities and sights to see
  • At least 2 pre-arranged tours (details "expected" to be announced by January 16)
What is "not" planned but that you think will happen?
  • Potlucks (small groups for sure and maybe larger groups)
  • Open houses (our RVs)
  • Possibly a group campfire (if allowed - self-contained only)
  • Rig modifications (guys can't resist showing their mods to others)
  • Lots of hanging out, relaxing, seeing old friends and making many new ones

I also want you to know that the pre-rally time can really be a lot of fun. It's what you make of it. If you're new, you need to get around and meet people - this is a great time to do that. Once the rally starts - things really get busy with seminars, dinners, potlucks, entertainment, tours and such.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Our plan is to arrive on Sunday the the 16 Th well we be able to do that?

Great question. Yes, you can arrive anytime from June 11 on. So when you register, you will register for the 16-17 as 2 pre-rally days and also for the rally.

Last edited:

happykraut

This is probably gonna be a dumb question. The pre rally is 6/11 to 6/17, but the main event doesn't start till 6/18. What happens from the time we check out on the 17th till check in on the 18th.

jbeletti

This is probably gonna be a dumb question. The pre rally is 6/11 to 6/17, but the main event doesn't start till 6/18. What happens from the time we check out on the 17th till check in on the 18th.

Bernie - I see what you mean. The pre-rally from 6/11 to 6/17 is a full 7 nights including the night of the 17th. Just to reiterate for all - to pre-rally, you do not have to sign up for all 7 nights. You'll choose your arrival date and pay only for the nights you are there early. Pre-rally costs are still TBD.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Two things, Jim. First for all of us "Dads" that will be at the Pre-Rally, I think we should do something special for Fathers Day on June 16th. Second as it stands right now, I think Carol and I will spend an extra day or two at the Virginia Rally and then head straight for Indiana. I know Carol will want to spend a day at the Shipsawana Flea Market. Have you given any consideration to a day trip to Shipsawana during the pre-rally or should we plan our stop before we get to Goshen?

Keith

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim,

I understand the pre-rally is not in the same location as the Rally. If we arrive during the pre-rally (say on Sunday, the 16th), will we then have to move to a new site (for the official HL Rally) on the 18th?

Erika

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Erika - I'm pretty sure that Jim was able to arrange for the pre-rally to be at the same location as the rally. He'll chime in, I'm sure.

jbeletti

Hi Erika,

Sorry that I was not clearer on this. I tweaked post one a bit tonight and let me fully clarify here. Also - thanks for the question - it's a good one :)

The official pre-rally will be held at the same venue as the actual rally. We will camp on sites that are temp water/power only. Come rally time, some will relocate to their actually rally sites, while others will stay as their actual rally site will remain on the temp water/power sites.

Now, if we really undersell the rally (<200 rigs), we may not need the temp water/power sites. Meaning, everyone would relocate.

Hope this helps.

shovelguy

Hi Erika,

Sorry that I was not clearer on this. I tweaked post one a bit tonight and let me fully clarify here. Also - thanks for the question - it's a good one :)

The official pre-rally will be held at the same venue as the actual rally. We will camp on sites that are temp water/power only. Come rally time, some will relocate to their actually rally sites, while others will stay as their actual rally site will remain on the temp water/power sites.

Now, if we really undersell the rally (<200 rigs), we may not need the temp water/power sites. Meaning, everyone would relocate.

Hope this helps.
So, Jim, we can go about four days without dumping. I assume there is a dump station and I also assume that those remaining in the water/power only sites will do so because they have elected to be in that kind of site. Right?

jbeletti

So, Jim, we can go about four days without dumping. I assume there is a dump station and I also assume that those remaining in the water/power only sites will do so because they have elected to be in that kind of site. Right?

Dean and Jodi - yes, there are dump stations. 11 of them I think. Those remaining in water/power only sites will be those who registered the latest. FHU sites will be allocated on a first registered basis.

jbeletti

2013 Goshen Rally - FREE Pig Pickn' added to Pre-Rally

Hey Pre-Rally Attendees,

If you plan to arrive prior to 6 pm, Friday, June 14th, Heartland has just given me something fun to add. A Pig Pickn'!

Yup, pulled-pork, sides and drinks for 200 people will be served at the Nelson's Pavilion on Locust Street within the Fairgrounds.

Those who are on Pre-Rally Tour 2 - Amish Countryside will be back in plenty of time to join us for some pig! No cooking tonight!

Click here to see the flyer. This flyer will be in the rally packets for those attending the Pre-Rally.

Jim

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - FREE Pig Pickn' added to Pre-Rally

SUPER!!!! Thanks Heartland!!!