Greeting new to forum

cporda

Hello All,
I would thank everyone for all of your post / stories about part time and full time camping and everything else i didn't even think about. The wife (Diane) and I have been part time camper of the past twenty years of wonderful marriage. We have had class "A" and TT (pull Behind 30ft). We love the cyclone 3800 and 3950 TT and are looking at fulltimig in three years. I have a 2003 F350 DRW and am debating between the 2012 Ram 3500 and 2012 F350 for me next full timing truck to pull with and be within towing capablities and limits. Again, thanks everyone on your forums to help out us newbies.
v/r
Jeff Powers

danemayer

Hi cporda,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As you've already found out, we have a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful folks.

On the choice of tow vehicle, I'd suggest you check both towing capacity (5th wheel) AND payload against the spec on the trailer you're considering. You may want to visit Fifth Wheel Safe Towing, a site created by another Heartland owner to help people sort through the matchup between RV and tow vehicle.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome to the forum and can't wait to say "congratulations on your new condo on wheels". As far as tow vehicles, we pull our 40' Big Country with an 09 single rear wheel Dodge 3500 diesel without any problems. I do want to see what the changes are for the new 2013 Dodge Ram trucks. Our dealer is pretty excited but wont tell us the changes :(. No matter what vehicle you choose, the most important thing to remember is common sense. Good luck.

cporda

Thanks for the advice and I will check out the FIFTH Wheel Safe Towing section and other thread on this. New to this forum section and learning to navigate. Have a great day!

howdy, I'm the def of a newbie...have 2013 cyclone 4000 elite being built out at factory as I write this, but wanted to make comment about truck..I just purchased 2012 Dodge 3500 dually 4x4..I could have bought the 2013, but under epa guidelines, diesel 6 cyl, for 2013, now fall under the rhea requirement, thus like chev/ford, dodge now has to add the tank for the additive, which, depending on driving habits, could have to be filled as much as every couple weeks and mostly dodge dealers carry it..I hear some chev/ford owners just disconnect system however..food for thought...