We're considering purchasing a Bighorn 3010

galnelson

We have purchased one other new 5th wheel in 2009. We had a considerable number of problems having to do with quality. We are seriously considering a new 3010, but not sure of the quality. Sales people never discuss and negatives, understandibly. Please share experiences with purchasing & owning a Bighorn.

jimtoo

Re: considering purchasing a Bighorn 3010

Hi galnelson,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I do not say you will not have problems with a new Bighorn as most everyone can find something wrong with fit, finish and quality. But as owners here on the forum we strive to help each other over the issues with help, advice and contact information. Heartland goes to the extreme to try to make sure all customers are satisfied with their purchase.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired

Hi galnelson,

We bought a 2013 BigHorn 3010re this last September. After delivery we had 3 small issues that after a call to Heartland Customer Service we had it down to an authorized dealer and they took care of the repairs pronto. We've had no major issues with the rig after that. Very happy with the overall fit, finish and layout.
The extras we got: double door fridge w/ice maker, partial body paint, bedroom A/C.

I believe you'll be happy with Heartland, we had a Sundance 2900mk before this one and had no issues with it either.

macjj

Galnelson;

Jim is correct - we too found this site a valuable resource in making our decision back in 2011/2012.

Another valuable resource was RV Consumers Group, PO Box 520, Quilence, WA 98376 (rvgroup@rv.org) (http:\\rv.org) Connie Gallant

This group travels to all the manufactures, dealers and distributors. Gathers their own observations as well as those from consumers and rates each coach/manufacture on there quality control, cost to value ratios, warrenty service and overall customer satisfaction.

During our research Heartland was a notch above Montana (Keystone). But my conclusion is there were more Montanna's sold, therefore contributed to their overall rating.

There are other manufacturs that rated higher, but then the cost went up - so we set our price limit and went from there. We found the best overall with the Bighorn (3070).

We found our best price at RV Outlet USA Danville, VA), they saved us about $20K from all proposed offers (including shows). Bill Gallean http://www.rv007.com Their inventory changes so I do not know if they have what you need. We live in Southern California, we thought it was worth the look and it paid off. They do not do a lot of warrenty service or upgrades, but they are friendly and very helpfull. They were very through in their checkout, and immediatly took care of things we noted.

We have had no serious issues. We have towed it from VA to FL, and back to CA and arround town with no issues we thought necessary to call the factory on. There are always some that I cound suggest improvement, but we are quite satisfied. I do not think we could have been more satisfied going through a local dealer or show.

We did upgrade to the 6 point leveling system in Florida - best $5k I ever spent. General RV in Jacksonvill did a great job. The only issue was someone tripped a circuit breaker and they (and we) missed it till the food in the refer spoiled. The misses was not happy, but General RV refunded us $200 to cover our spoilage.

Again - I agree with Jim, you will have some issues, I consider mine minor and am very pleased with our purchase. Planning a trip north in the next month.

Good Luck

Garypowell

We purchased a 3010 last November and simply love. The couple of minor thing they supplied parts and I fixed or I just tweaked on my own. Heartland on both our rigs were excellent

Phatkd

considering purchasing a Bighorn 3010

We have only had our 3010RE about a month now, but are VERY happy with fit and finish. We ended up getting the YETI package, partial body paint, 4 door refer, dual pane windows, stackable washer and dryer and a few other things. If we had the extra cash I would have added the built in genny and 6 point levelling system.

We have never owned a heartland product prior to this purchase, but have not regretted out purchase. It had preformed flawlessly for us while winter camping the couple of times we have used it since the purchase.

shovelguy

We purchased our BigHorn 3055 in late 2007 from a dealer in Indiana (we lived in Oregon) saving about $15000. Since then we have put about 45000 miles on her and have been full timers for two yrs. we have had issues mainly with the leaf springs but since dh replaced the originals with heavier ones no more probs. we continue to love our rig and have only good to say about our dealings with Heartland. D&J

Bonetta

We also are considering purchasing the Bighorn 3010RE and would like a comparison with the Montana.... although we like the floor plan the best on the Bighorn.

jimtoo

We also are considering purchasing the Bighorn 3010RE and would like a comparison with the Montana.... although we like the floor plan the best on the Bighorn.

Hi Bonetta,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Bonetta,

You may hear from a Bighorn owner who has prior experience with Montana, or perhaps a Brand Rep will see your post. But in the meantime, let me add my 2 cents.

Most of the appliances and subsystems in RVs come from the same suppliers. Refrigerators are probably going to be either Norcold or Dometic, regardless of whether you look at a Montana, or Bighorn. Frames are probably from Lippert for both. Toilets, fans, shower enclosures, hatch doors, lights, etc. all come from a limited number of suppliers to the RV industry, so you're likely going to see very similar appliances and subsystems.

Construction techniques vary however and you can visit the Heartlandrvs.com website to download brochures that explain some of the advantages Heartland offers.

There is a very large difference however when it comes to customer service and support, and the community of Heartland owners. If you browse this forum, which is supported by Heartland, you'll find a very large community of owners, with the vast majority expressing very high satisfaction. When they've had problems, Heartland has done them right. Beyond that, the community of owners on this forum provides a level of support to one another that I'm pretty sure is way beyond what you'll find in any other brand. I say this from the perspective of Forum Moderator. I see almost every post and while it's not yet 100%, Heartland has the hearts of the vast majority of owners.

Heartland also supports a very active schedule of local, regional, and national rallies. Take a look at the events tab at the top of the webpage. We're looking forward to a North Texas Chapter rally in March, a South Texas Chapter rally in April, the North American National Rally in June, and additional rallies in the Fall. There's a real feeling of community and we have a great time visiting with old friends and meeting new friends. And of course we eat too much.

Ann and I are heading home today from 5 weeks skiing in Breckenridge, CO. with temps down to -30F last month. Our Landmark is comfy even in extreme cold weather - and we've also enjoyed summer temps up to 108 degrees in Utah and Texas. These are great products and I'm sure if you get a Bighorn, you'll love it no matter where you are or what you're doing.