EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Decatur - 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, New Site - 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013

Hogan - At this time things look pretty good for us making the trip. The work schedule is clear at this time but there are rumblings it could change by the time of the rally. We will either lock in or out at a minimum of 30 days before the rally.We carry the Kayaks on Yakama racks on top of the truck. If we don't carry the scooter I have a "T" bar that supports them farther forward.:confused::confused:
Hogan - I regret to say my schedule has shifted and we will not be able to attend this rally. We'll keep our eyes open for another one. Y'all have a good one and we'll see ya later.Tom

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

Tom, sorry you won't be able to make the Piney Grove Rally. Great location and looking forward to really nice Fall weather. Start planning for the Spring Rally which will be held around the 3rd week of April at Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores, Alabama. Watch for announcement on date soon.

JanAndBill

Hogan, we are in Sevierville, TN this week, and this morning they closed the National Park, all of the access roads through the park, and even the scenic overlooks. The people in the park campgrounds were told to leave "immediately". When we went to the COE site today we got a message that the site was closed because of lack of funding. Obviously our goverment is trying to make things as difficult as they can on the taxpayers, so do you have an alternative in mind.

wildwolfproducts

Was about to ask the same question, as I know All other Corp sites are shut down. And everyone has to be out of them before noon today. Don't think this will last over a week. But if it does, some of the state parks and TVA sites are seeing lots of people from these other sites that have shut down. So Sites may be hard to come by. Have a fishing trip This sunday until Wed in Grenada lake ms. But finding a site to set up in is looking like no deal.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

I'm currently in Point Mallard RV campground in Decatur, AL which is a county operated cg that is still open. Since it's a county park, it's not effected by the shut-down and not that far from the COE site in MS. Hogan - it might be a possibility to move the rally here. They still have all 4 loops (a-d) open which has 233 total sites. Just a thought.

GETnBYE

I'm currently in Point Mallard RV campground in Decatur, AL which is a county operated cg that is still open. Since it's a county park, it's not effected by the shut-down and not that far from the COE site in MS. Hogan - it might be a possibility to move the rally here. They still have all 4 loops (a-d) open which has 233 total sites. Just a thought.
Bird, Is that campground level roads and paved that make for good bike riding?? We are still thinking we might be able to make the rally, but it is not for sure yet. Being closer to us would def. be a plus.

hogan

http://pointmallardpark.com/camp-ground.php Click on the preceding link to check out the new location for the Fall Rally of AlaMissiBamaSsippi Chapter. The Dates are the same OCTOBER 24-27. The location has been moved by a few miles (maybe 60 miles east) to Mallard Point Campground in Decatur, Alabama. For those planning to arrive early, like us, it will still be great idea. This is a full hook-up park and they have reserved 15 spots for us. More if we need them. The phone number to call in your reservations is 256-341-4826 and the folks are very gracious and accommodating. Thanks so much to Byrd Mathis for offering this suggestion. And I am sorry to have to move the Rally like this, but our Government seems to think there games should cause the citizens the most discomfort and imposition. I will try to get an email out to everyone on the Attendees list tonight, but here is the early warning. Let's make it a great Rally. Look forward to seeing each and everyone of you. Hogan and Donna Cooper.

Nabo

Not a problem Hogan and glad to help out. Go ahead and put us down in that we are already here.

Nita - bring the bikes. Lots of paved and hard gravel trails (over 17 miles of hiking/biking trails). Every morning while I'm walking the dogs, lots of bikers out. Also anyone wanting to play golf or tennis, there is an 18 hole couse, 12 tennis courts and a driving range. Ya'll come on down.
Byrd

hogan

WooHoo!!! We're gonna have a party.....yeah, yeah, yeah....gonna have a party..Yes, we are.

Nabo

Oh and I forgot the indoor ice skating rink. I havent checked but maybe they have disco night on Friday. Anyone up for skating?

hogan

Depends on how my broken ribs are doing. Probably don't need to risk it but who knows. Might be fun.

ncc1701e

Not a problem Hogan and glad to help out. Go ahead and put us down in that we are already here.

Nita - bring the bikes. Lots of paved and hard gravel trails (over 17 miles of hiking/biking trails). Every morning while I'm walking the dogs, lots of bikers out. Also anyone wanting to play golf or tennis, there is an 18 hole couse, 12 tennis courts and a driving range. Ya'll come on down.
Byrd

Byrd, is the park you guys are using as a base while Nathan works there?

JanAndBill

Mark us down on being there, unless something unforseen comes up. Will call and get our reservations this week.

Nabo

Tom and Millie - yes, this is our home base while Nathan is working on the steel mill. The campground is just off of I-65, pretty ez on/off. We use the exit #340 (I-565 to huntsville, hwy 72 to decatur) to Decatur and follow the Point Mallard Park signs. Not sure when your surgery is scheduled but hope ya'll can make it down.

ncc1701e

Tom and Millie - yes, this is our home base while Nathan is working on the steel mill. The campground is just off of I-65, pretty ez on/off. We use the exit #340 (I-565 to huntsville, hwy 72 to decatur) to Decatur and follow the Point Mallard Park signs. Not sure when your surgery is scheduled but hope ya'll can make it down.

We are discussing the possibility. Have a prior promise to meet some friends that may put us camping around Nashville a few days before the rally.

Nabo

Tom - Nashville is about 90 minutes from here.

GETnBYE

Depends on how my broken ribs are doing. Probably don't need to risk it but who knows. Might be fun.
Hogan, Did we miss something? When/how did you get broken ribs?? Hope you are o.k.

hogan

The day after we returned from Florida, September 23rd, I rode the cycle downtown to visit my barber friend. Returning home for lunch, I was turning off McCulloch Blvd onto Mt. Vernon road when my tires entered a strip of fresh wet concrete that had just been spilled by a mixing truck. I didn't see it since I was watching for traffic. The cycle went down so fast I didn't have time to do anything, a good thing as it turned out, and I slid on my right arm, leg, and shoulder about 30 feet. Bike did not sustain much damage; I did. Spent four hours in ER that day then three days later started having severe pain in back. Back to ER and this time the X-rays revealed two broken ribs just under shoulder blade. Doc said it would take about a month for the ribs to knit back, if I am careful and don't continue to re-injure. I am doing pretty good for last few days, go back to doctor today for follow-up.

Lou_and_Bette

So sorry to hear about your incident Hogan. Take it easy for a while, you will not regret it later. Bette

VKTalley

Hogan, take good care of yourself and do what the doctor orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.