EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Decatur - 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildwolfproducts

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, New Site - 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013

Hate to hear about the bike wreck. Sure miss mine a lot these days. May be in town next week, Guy we go to church with ran a big truck off the road on HWY 25 this Monday I think. Hes in the ICU there and may try to run down next week and see him.
Wheres harbor Freight there? Never been to it in Tupelo.
As for the Rally, will know this weekend what days we can show up. But thinking it will be Friday evening when we get there. Marilyn has to work until noon and then its a whole 2 hours 15 minutes there.
What time is the dinner on friday? Thinking about throwing a BRisket on the smoker for it, that or boston butts for BBQ.
Pete

davebennington

We registered today we are coming in on the 24th leaving the 31st. See you soon.

dave & Julie

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

Hate to hear about the bike wreck. Sure miss mine a lot these days. May be in town next week, Guy we go to church with ran a big truck off the road on HWY 25 this Monday I think. Hes in the ICU there and may try to run down next week and see him.
Wheres harbor Freight there? Never been to it in Tupelo.
As for the Rally, will know this weekend what days we can show up. But thinking it will be Friday evening when we get there. Marilyn has to work until noon and then its a whole 2 hours 15 minutes there.
What time is the dinner on friday? Thinking about throwing a BRisket on the smoker for it, that or boston butts for BBQ.
Pete
Harbor Freight is on West Main near Thomas Street intersection. We will be in Arkansas next week checking on our parents. The smoked Butt sounds really good. Hopefully you guys will be there in time for Pot Luck. See you soon.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Anyone up for golf??? How about friday afternoon?
Nathan

kimdot

Not interested in golf, but have a question for you. We are currently in Iowa and we are thinking about going to the Nashville area before heading to Decatur. Have you ever stayed at Nashville Country RV park in Goodlettsville or Two Rivers in Nashville? Or can recommend any other parks?

Thanks

Anyone up for golf??? How about friday afternoon?
Nathan

MCTalley

Val and I have reservations at Mallard Point for the 23rd to 27th.

I could probably muddle my way through a round of golf, Nathan. Whichever day works out.

Nabo

Kimdot - Two Rivers is the smallest but I think the nicest of the 3 campgrounds on Music Road. Then I would pick Yogi Bear which is right next door. Even tho the National Rally was held at the KOA in 2010, it's not our favorite. Haven't been to Nashville Country RV park so can't make a yea or nay on it.

Malcolm - would love to play with you again. The golf course is only about 1/8 mile from the cg so anyone else????

VKTalley

Hogan and/or Donna, can you give me the run down on what food is needed for the rally? Are we having a potluck? I will be menu planning this weekend for the next several weeks and need to know what to buy. If you have already posted something about this....point me in the correct direction of the post.

Thanks!!

kimdot

Kimdot - Two Rivers is the smallest but I think the nicest of the 3 campgrounds on Music Road. Then I would pick Yogi Bear which is right next door. Even tho the National Rally was held at the KOA in 2010, it's not our favorite. Haven't been to Nashville Country RV park so can't make a yea or nay on it.

Malcolm - would love to play with you again. The golf course is only about 1/8 mile from the cg so anyone else????

Thanks for the info on the campgrounds.

wildwolfproducts

Life and work is getting in our way. So looks like we have to back out on this one. Sure hate to, but found out today work and family is blocking that weekend.
Have fun and looking forward to many of these in the future.
Pete

JanAndBill

Mark us down on being there, unless something unforseen comes up. Will call and get our reservations this week.

Just made the reservations, arriving on the 24th departing on the 28th.

JanAndBill

Byrd-

We had planned on coming in on Hwy 67 up to Hwy 31. Is there a good route over to Point Mallard from 31 or should we just take I65 up to Hwy 72 then come south on Point Mallard Parkway?

Nabo

Jan - hwy 67 to hwy 31 is good. Do not follow directions on gps, will take you into a subdivision that you can not make the turn with a 5th wheel. Come up hwy 31 to 8th str and turn right onto 8th. If you miss 8th, that's ok, just come up to church st and turn right. Both road merge together right before the park.
B---

Nabo

Jan - Nathan reminded me that 8th str is a single lane turn & can be a little tight. Church st is a 2 lane road with an ez'r turn so you can pick your poison.

ncc1701e

Byrd, Looking at the maps, I'm thinking exit off I65S onto US72/I565; follow that around to Church Street, go east (basically) to 19th and Point Mallard Drive. Does this make sense guys? Looks like I'll be making reservations tomorrow getting in on the 24th leaving on 27th. We'd like to stay a little longer but have to be back in Nashville to meet some friends who are traveling from Iowa with their camper. I'm sure our rally leader will pick up on this posting without an email. Looking forward to see old friends and making a few new ones. Tom & Millie

Nabo

Tom - you are correct. After you cross the TN River, it's the second stop light turning left onto Church St (the stop lights are real close together so be in the left lane crossing the bridge). This road name changes to 19th street in front of a old mill named Hyuong, at least I think its spelled right. Just follow the 4 lanes passed the golf course (on left) and will be at Point Mallard. Go straight thru the stop sign and the road dead ends at the campground.

JanAndBill

Jan - Nathan reminded me that 8th str is a single lane turn & can be a little tight. Church st is a 2 lane road with an ez'r turn so you can pick your poison.

In looking at the map, it looks like I could take 8th to 19th, then turn north on 19th which would dead end at Point Mallard Drive. Is that route ok??. Where is the single lane turn on 8th that Nathan spoke of - Is it where 8th merges on to Point Mallard Drive?

GETnBYE

Add Wayne and Anita to the list.......for now. Wayne has had surgery again on his hand and it was worse this time, so we may have to cancel yet.

Nabo

Jan - 8th St is a single lane road until it merges with Church/19th. Church st (off hwy 31) is a 4 lane road which changes it name to 19th about half way down. 19th dead ends into the park and campground.

Its crazy here this weekend in that the park is having camper appreciation week with all kinds of activities from pet walks, cake bakes, costume contest, etc. The campground is 2/3rd full with many more campers coming in. This will be going on thru next Sunday.

VKTalley

Ok, I am needing to know what food will be needed for Rally....will be menu planning and making my grocery list soon. Can someone let me know, please????

Add Wayne and Anita to the list.......for now. Wayne has had surgery again on his hand and it was worse this time, so we may have to cancel yet.

Anita, tell Wayne to take good care of that hand!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.