EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Decatur - 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GETnBYE

We are "both" here now. I wonder if my Tacoma will pull the Big Country back home. LOL
As for the weather, a fire will be nice or we may have to do some socializing in restaurants.............no cooking!!

JanAndBill

I agree with the fireplace!!! Started ours going not too long after we got here today just after 1p. We are in site #121, situated between Hogan & Donna and Wayne & Anita.

Is this where most of the group will be??? When we made reservations we specified we were with the Heartland Group, and when we checked in we told them again. After trying to thread around trees on 3 different sites we finally got into this one. Unhooked, slides out, and discovered no power on half the coach. They had to rebuild the pedestal. Now we are like a lost duck in a sea of Newmar coaches. Obviously the young lady that checked us in was confused and didn't know the difference between Heartland and Newmar??? She also told us Shelter A was our meeting site, is that correct?

VKTalley

Is this where most of the group will be??? When we made reservations we specified we were with the Heartland Group, and when we checked in we told them again. After trying to thread around trees on 3 different sites we finally got into this one. Unhooked, slides out, and discovered no power on half the coach. They had to rebuild the pedestal. Now we are like a lost duck in a sea of Newmar coaches. Obviously the young lady that checked us in was confused and didn't know the difference between Heartland and Newmar??? She also told us Shelter A was our meeting site, is that correct?

Hi Jan and Bill, just in case no one told you….we will be at the shelter here closest to Hogan and Donna's rig. I think it's Shelter C.

davebennington

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, New Site - 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013

Everyone had a good time, it could have been a little warmer but it is winter, coats and sweaters was the attire of the day. I did not get a count from Hogan as how many rigs we had in attendance, my guess would be about 10. Almost everyone has left, the only ones left are Nathan & Byrd and ourselves.
Here is the parting shot.

IMG_3409-1.jpg

dave

VKTalley

Everyone had a good time, it could have been a little warmer but it is winter, coats and sweaters was the attire of the day. I did not get a count from Hogan as how many rigs we had in attendance, my guess would be about 10. Almost everyone has left, the only ones left are Nathan & Byrd and ourselves.
Here is the parting shot.

View attachment 27250

dave

Dave, there were a total of 11 Heartland rigs (with one leaving early, before the picture) and 1 SOB who were good friends of Hogan and Donna's. The Travelling Talleys made it to Lexington, KY, to the Kentucky Horse Park safely this afternoon.

GETnBYE

Thanks for another fun rally! Great photo Dave!

JanAndBill

Despite the brisk weather, it was a great rally. Hope everyone had a safe trip to their next destination!

Status
Not open for further replies.