EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Decatur - 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Mallard Point Campground
  • 2901 Point Mallard Drive SE
  • Decatur, Alabama 35602
  • 256-341-4826
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $0
  • WiFi available: No
  • WiFi Fee: $

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 20
  • Site fee: $20.69 per night. Tell them you are with Heartland Rally.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/25/2013
  • Potluck time: 5:15p

• Event Leader: hogan(click to contact)

Additional Info:
-----------------------
NOTE: CHANGE OF VENUE - NOW IN ALABAMA!

Attendees List:
-------------------

1. Hogan & Donna Cooper (hogan - 1649) Tupelo, MS
  2. Malcolm & Valerie Talley (mct - 2267) Wetumpka, AL
  3. Jerry & Lily Worth (Gizzy - 1542) Montgomery, AL
  4. Bob & Barb Mansolino (bobemuzzy - 2023) Hartselle, AL
  5. Kim & Dot Miranda (Kimdot - 1977) Merritt Island, FL
  6. Barry & Amy Titus (mandotar - 1948) Indianapolis, IN
  7. Denny & Ann Olvany (olvany - 1194) Carriere, MS
  8. Dave Yocum & Julie Hancock (davebennington - 1006) Bracey, VA
  9. Ken & Faye Hyde (krhyde - 2061) Shelbyville, KY
  10. Bill & Jan Raber (jan&bill 157) Attalla, AL
  11. Tom & Millie Combs ncc1701e 1820 Sebree, KY
  12. Wayne & Anita Cooper GETnBYE 1217 Scottsboro, AL

Last edited:

Gizzy

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, New Site - 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013

I was wondering if/when the Fall rally would happen. Lily and I plan to be there (as of now). When should we make reservations, now?

hogan

Gizzy, no need to worry about a reservation until later. I think the Reservation system is not available until 6 months prior to arrival date. Plus, they hold your money all that time. The history for population in the campground is always light in late October. Also, I noticed the map posted is somewhere in Kansas. Have not figured that out yet.

MCTalley

Go ahead and put Malcolm and Val Talley on the list (2267).

Not sure on days yet, but at least all the rally dates. May arrive earlier.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Oh cool - not too far from where we are camping in Decatur, AL. Got to put this down on our calendar.

hogan

Byrd, Yall are just down the holler from Piney Grove COE campground. It is one of our favorite scenic campgrounds, and beautiful lake on Tenn-Tom waterway. Let me know when you want me to officially list you as an attendee. This spot is close to Tennessee also so we would love to have the Volunteers come down. Hogan

hogan

Good to hear from Kim and Dottie Miranda. They officially have committed to attend the AlaMissiBamaSsippi Fall Rally at Piney Grove campground near New Site, MS. The campground will be off reservation system during October so no need to do a reservation. Did I mention Kim and Dottie will be coming in early? We will be there early too.

hogan

We have Rally folks coming from Indiana. Barry and Amy Titus will join us as part of their travels south. Can't think of a better way to start the fall season. The usual weather for this time of year is warm comfortable days, cool campfire nights. Will Elvis visit us?

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader

Hogan;
Marti and I have been trying to figure when we could go see her kin folks in Corinth and now your rally pops up. We are checking work schedules and will know better Monday. We'll let you know then but its possible some rednecks from Texas could show up.

Stay safe:):)

hogan

Well, from my perspective, there is no better time to visit Corinth, MS than during late October. Fall is in the air but still nice warm days for outdoors activities. And from Piney Grove campground, you can be in Corinth in about 25 minutes. Sounds like a good plan to me. I will be watching the mail on Monday.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired

Hogan, Faye and I will be there. Plan to arrive on Tues. the 22nd and leave on Tues. the 29th. Do we need to make reservations?

hogan

Ken, So happy to hear you and Faye will be with us for our Fall Rally at Piney Grove campground near New Site, Mississippi. And also glad to hear you will be arriving early. You do not need to worry about doing a reservation for your visit to Piney Grove. Although you can look online through the Recreation.gov for information on the campground; maps and such, the campground stops using reservations after Labor Day so it is FCFS. We should not have any problem getting our sites for the Rally adjacent to the Pavilion especially since many of us are arriving early. Those of us who have Senior Access cards can stay for half price. $11 bucks on the water or $10 with a water view (also known as across the street. We will post more information as we get closer to Rally time. Donna and I are headed to Piney this Wednesday on our way home from our northern excursion. Look forward to seeing you at the Rally. Hogan

hogan

How do you carry the kayaks? Great kayaking on thr lake at Piney Grove. You can go to Gulf of Mexico or Lake Michigan, your choice.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader

Well, from my perspective, there is no better time to visit Corinth, MS than during late October. Fall is in the air but still nice warm days for outdoors activities. And from Piney Grove campground, you can be in Corinth in about 25 minutes. Sounds like a good plan to me. I will be watching the mail on Monday.

Hogan - At this time things look pretty good for us making the trip. The work schedule is clear at this time but there are rumblings it could change by the time of the rally. We will either lock in or out at a minimum of 30 days before the rally.

We carry the Kayaks on Yakama racks on top of the truck. If we don't carry the scooter I have a "T" bar that supports them farther forward.

:confused::confused:

hogan

No need to worry about the 30 day thing. The campground does not use reservations after Labor Day. I will put you on the list and if you see you can't make it, just let me know before the Rally so we won't be worried about you. Look forward to seeing you.

hogan

Happy to add two rigs to the attendees list. Dave Yokum, our Southeastern Regional Director and Julie Hancock, the Club Manager are bringing their Classic Landmark to Piney Grove. And more celebrities, Tom and Marti Mangrum, South Texas Chapter Leaders plan to be with us also. So happy to have participation from other states at our Rallies.

hogan

We are set up at Piney Grove now and checking out everything in preparation for the October Rally. I can report that it is hot here in Mississippi, but by Rally time we will have great fall temperatures, just right for evening campfires. Talked to the Ranger in charge of the campgrounds in this region and told him we expect over 20 rigs for our Fall Rally.
If you plan to extend you stay beyond October 27th, be advised that you can only stay in the campground until October 31st. The COE plans to close the campground for the winter on November 1st. In previous years, it remained open until December 1st.

wildwolfproducts

You can add us to the list. Not far from home and its a nice place. Do you have an ideal on what section everyone will be in? Were in Crossville this weekend.
Pete

hogan

Hey Pete, Great to have you join in the party. Look forward to seeing you at the Rally. Now to answer your question. We will be in the south loop of the campground where there is a circle of campsites situated around a Gazebo. There are several sites in that circle then immediately outside the circle are many more sites that adjoin so we will have plenty of sites for our Rally. I will be posting a list of the sites we will utilize soon. The campground will not be using the reservation system during October, so it is first come first pick on campsites. We have been in this campground for many years in October and getting our sites will not be a problem. I have mentioned on the thread that many of us are arriving early; some as early as the Sunday before Rally, October 20th. If you can make it early, that would be great. Let me know what day you expect to arrive. Big Rally going on in Crossville? Have Fun.

wildwolfproducts

Looks like a great turnout here at Crossville Tn.

I plan on getting there early in the week, not sure what day yet. As its not far from home and may bring the boat along and try to catch some Crappie. May even fry up some if any are caught.
Were camping at Pickwick Dam Tn a week from monday, are you the one that stopped by our site last fall below the dam? Then home 2 weeks then Iuka ms for a week. Then bay springs.
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.