2nd A/C in 2014 3010 BH - do I need it?

galnelson

Have ordered new 3010 and we will be traveling the southern route thru Az,Tx,Ok am thinking we need 2nd a/c. We are getting the Yedi pkg.

RoadJunkie

Re: a/c in 2014 3010 BH

Well, there wasn't really a question within your post, but I can tell you we love our second air conditioner and believe the cost would be quickly forgotten in the long run.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Depends on when you are traveling through, but if the daytime temps are 90 or higher, I would say you will appreciate the 2nd AC.

Bobby A

Looking from another angle and giving some insite. We stayed in Fl. last summer and its HOT, we have only 1 a/c unit but have the dual pane windows so what I did was put sunscreen on the exterior windows that took the most sun. It really did help, our temps in the coach stayed at around 78 or 79 and we were comfortable. You might thing that is high but when its 95 and very humid outside when you come in to 79 and no humidity it feels pretty good. My one a/c would stay on all day without cycleing and then start to cycle at night and then repete the process the next day. Just my 2 cents worth.

Sandpirate69

2nd A/C a must. Especially if your south or southeast. It gets real hot & muggy here in Florida.

TXTiger

My 2nd A/C in the bedroom puts out more cool air than the one in the living area. I often use a floor fan set up to blow some of that cooler air from the bedroom into the living area or even the garage.

jayandhisgals

2nd AC is a must have. You don't want to buy a brand new rig and then wish later you had the 2nd AC.

Westwind

If ordered from the factory you might be able to get it ducted, that would be great because it would help cut down on the noise when it is running, the bedroom unit mounted in the bedroom vent opening can be very noisy if it vents directy into the bedroom. Yes I highly recommend a 2nd AC.

Birchwood

The main A/C will not cool the upper level as heat rises.We had a penquin installed in our LM
and its ok but a factory setup will work better with less cost.