Feedback on 2013 Summer Hat

jbeletti

Hi all - thank you for the feedback.

Mesh or no Mesh - seems divided on that topic

Club logo or Corporate logo - seems mostly club logo

Design is okay or design is not okay - seems mostly design is okay

With respect to using a "partial" waving US flag in the design - what I am hearing:
- Some like it
- Some feel it's a bit US skewed with no Canadian representation
- Some feel using a partial US flag in the spirit of patriotism is not right

I respect all of this feedback and I'm REALLY glad I asked for feedback. I did not design the hat. It was sent to me for evaluation. I have given it to Bernie so he can wear it here at this rally while we observe it.

Can't say for sure what we'll do, but the hat seems too controversial to run with. Eric and others, I would not have thought that using a partial flag as being an issue, but I understand where you are coming from and this weighs heavily on my decision on this hat - sent to me for evaluation. That said, the Goshen rally shirts are already designed and a partial flag, similar to the Gillette rally is also used. With no disrespect meant, I'll likely keep that design is due to the point we're at with nearing ready to place the shirt order.

Last edited:

Phatkd

We are your Canadian bretheren,...Please don't treat us like your ugly step brother or step sister. We may drink a lot, but we always bring enough booze for everyone else to enjoy. We may play hockey, but are more than willing to teach you and your children. We may have invented the game of basketball, but shared it willingly so corporate America could profit from our wisdom and you all could enjoy our game.

We are Canadian and would just like a hat with a small Canadian flag on it :) :)

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Jim,

is it possible to get it made in two separate styles? One with the US Flag for us that live in the US and another with a Canadian Flag for those of our Canadian brothers? If not, maybe one with a combination of a US and a Canadian Flag? Just a thought.

Rod

ATLJOHN

Hi Jim
We all know the hat was not your design. Maybe a good design would be to have small US and Canadian flags patch on the back of the hat kind of like the back of the 2011 Rally shirts. I also am not keen on the open air top as my bald head is not happy with the sun.

jbeletti

We are your Canadian bretheren,...Please don't treat us like your ugly step brother or step sister. We may drink a lot, but we always bring enough booze for everyone else to enjoy. We may play hockey, but are more than willing to teach you and your children. We may have invented the game of basketball, but shared it willingly so corporate America could profit from our wisdom and you all could enjoy our game.

We are Canadian and would just like a hat with a small Canadian flag on it :) :)

Thank you for the humor and facts so early this morning :) It would be cool to have a small US and small Canadian flag on the hat somewhere. Not sure of the cost of such a hat - but I like the idea.

jbeletti

Jim,

is it possible to get it made in two separate styles? One with the US Flag for us that live in the US and another with a Canadian Flag for those of our Canadian brothers? If not, maybe one with a combination of a US and a Canadian Flag? Just a thought.

Rod

Rod - probably cost prohibitive to get some of each. I usually have to commit to 144 and sometimes 288 each. I love our Canadian members but don't want to overestimate their enthusiasm for hats. When I have Martin Marketing have hats made for me, I have to commit to buying any inventory they can't move in a reasonable time.

tracks

Hi all - thank you for the feedback.

Mesh or no Mesh - seems divided on that topic

Club logo or Corporate logo - seems mostly club logo

Design is okay or design is not okay - seems mostly design is okay

With respect to using a "partial" waving US flag in the design - what I am hearing:
- Some like it
- Some feel it's a bit US skewed with no Canadian representation
- Some feel using a partial US flag in the spirit of patriotism is not right

I respect all of this feedback and I'm REALLY glad I asked for feedback. I did not design the hat. It was sent to me for evaluation. I have given it to Bernie so he can wear it here at this rally while we observe it.

Can't say for sure what we'll do, but the hat seems too controversial to run with. Eric and others, I would not have thought that using a partial flag as being an issue, but I understand where you are coming from and this weighs heavily on my decision on this hat - sent to me for evaluation. That said, the Goshen rally shirts are already designed and a partial flag, similar to the Gillette rally is also used. With no disrespect meant, I'll likely keep that design is due to the point we're at with nearing ready to place the shirt order.

Jim, as new member I appreciate your thoughtful consideration on the the proper use of the stars and stripes.
Kirk

dewwood

We are advertising for Heartland so let's stay with either the Heartland logo or the club. As a lot of others my shining head needs to be totally covered.

olcoon

Jim,
I kind of like the idea of the Canadian & US flags on the hats, maybe on flag staffs & crossed. That would cover both countries & also signify the friendship between both countries.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm not an avid hat guy, but I think it looks good.

I think it's good to see our flag, or red white and blue colors displayed these days. Trace

MTPockets

Actually... Nothing beats a pure white, all cotton hat with small, simple lettering or emblems......

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Another vote for the solid crown cap, logo in front and cross US and Canadian flags on the back. I would buy a couple. The one shown here, sorry have same problem as those indicated above..

BC

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jumping in a little late but
1. not crazy about the mesh
2. like the idea of cross US/Can flags instead of the waving partial flag. If this is being used for the North American Heartland Rally - this would include the Canadians.

MTPockets

Another thought.... leave off any flag..... I really don't like the idea of wearing a Flag of any other country unless I'm visiting the other country, then do so as a courtesy.... I have lots of Canadian friends and have zero issues, but I would only wear the US colors or none.

DonnyB007

It sounds like the best approach is either have a Canadian style or usa style hat OR no flag at all.

Likely, no flags at all and just Heartland crest on front.