Feedback on 2013 Summer Hat

jbeletti

Anyone like this prototype hat? The front is cloth. The side and back panels are mesh, screen printed with Stars and Stripes. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360886643.674619.jpg. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360886666.991399.jpg. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360886714.824594.jpg

MTPockets

Not bad.... I'm real picky about my hats and I think this would look better if the front had no graphic or Oval. I realize the logo is what is being used.....but I would prefer just the Heartland Owners Club lettering sewed in to the front.... My opinion.

Phatkd

Jim,..What about a solid colour hat (I like the colour used in the prototype) using the same material on all sides with the option of embroidering the country (US,Canada) above the rear opening? It wouldn't be as patriotic as the prototype I guess. But perhaps another option??

DonnyB007

What about a small flag on the back of the hat; either Canada or United States if America? Then the letters of Heartland on the front is fine with me. Just a good quality hat it be appreciated though. :cool:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nope! Those of us who are folically challenged will not wear mesh panel hats. Not unless you want to smell meat cooking.

RoadJunkie

Time for a hat design contest? To me the hat looks a little dated...10-4 there, good buddy....rubber ducky. It may just be the picture, but the logo background seems to get muddied and you have to examine it for the content. Good effort and I think a hat is a great idea. Don't forget the women, I don't think a lot of them will wear this type of hat. Maybe that's a whole different can of worms.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I do like the hat, but even though I am not folically deprived I would like to see it in a non mesh material.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Afraid I vote Nay. My opinion does not change whether mesh or solid cloth is used. I do not agree with using the Stars and Stripes flag as an imprint or semblance thereof as part of clothing, including hats. I do not object to an embroidered flag sewn on or stitched on clothing or hats, provided it is the entire flag. Your prototype is an obvious partial image of the flag waiving in the wind. Sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hard to determine the contrast of the red/white mesh from the picture but I like it. I'm as follicle challenged as anyone but I like the mesh. I need it for heat escape. :cool: Will there be a sample to view at Williston?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
To be honest, I like the older hat from a few years back. Solid cap, blue, with just the Heartland logo patch on the front. Simple, says it all, and meets my conservative sensibilities (unless I've been drinking then all conservativism goes out the window).

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I keep on hoping I will find that certain Bernie napping or deploying something, and I'll get my new cap. LOL!

tracks

Afraid I vote Nay. My opinion does not change whether mesh or solid cloth is used. I do not agree with using the Stars and Stripes flag as an imprint or semblance thereof as part of clothing, including hats. I do not object to an embroidered flag sewn on or stitched on clothing or hats, provided it is the entire flag. Your prototype is an obvious partial image of the flag waiving in the wind. Sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

Brother, I couldn’t agree more it doesn’t reflect proper respect for the stars and stripes. Just my opinion!!
Kirk