Shower light

My light above the shower already blew on my 4000 elite. Only had it for 2 months. Pulled it out and it's a weird bulb. Anyone know what bulb it is or what to replace it with? Would like to upgrade to a LED.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Does it look like this?
If so, it is a G-4 base.
Do a Google search for G-4 LED.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• 5050_94c3da53185cbd1565809499a2e5c2f50a2467f1_original_x_323_1326734081.jpg
    5050_94c3da53185cbd1565809499a2e5c2f50a2467f1_original_x_323_1326734081.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 32
Ordered a 6k and a 5k, will post pics once they arrive. Sure did blow that bulb fast! My camper came of the line 11/12. Bought it in december.

Garypowell

My 3010RE is about the same vintage and my shower bulb blew a week ago. I temporarily switched it out with the hall light so I had a sample to take to Home Depot. We have used it as "night light" so it had more than usual hours on it. But no matter some lights go early.

I have ordered two different LED's off the Web and we'll see what we think when they arrive.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered a 6k and a 5k, will post pics once they arrive. Sure did blow that bulb fast! My camper came of the line 11/12. Bought it in december.
Halogen bulbs run hot so they do not last long. I have changed three in here in the last two months.
6k and 5k? Is that the color temp? If so they will be pretty white. I like something in the neighborhood of 3200 kelvin. Personal preference.

Peace
Dave

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Compared to LED lights they burn at nearly twice, sometimes more than twice the temperature. Higher temperatures equate to shorter burn life of the bulb.

Rod

Not to start anything, but I don't understand that statement.......

oscar

Compared to LED lights they burn at nearly twice, sometimes more than twice the temperature. Higher temperatures equate to shorter burn life of the bulb.

Rod

I am not an engineer, but it would seem to me that different bulbs have different design temperatures. In and of itself the temperature of a bulb when in operation is no indication of longevity, provided it is properly cooled and burning at it's design temperature. It's the design that counts, not the temperature per se.

The landing lights on my airplane are quite toasty when lit, in fact too hot to touch. They last a long time. They are designed that way.

But, I'll happily agree to disagree with you.