Trailair EQUA-FLEX & Tire Rub

DW_Gray

The Trailair EQUA-FLEX suspension enhancement (7-8K) was recently installed on my triple axle Cyclone. Yesterday while parking in our new space, Amy noticed that the rear and middle axles were so close together, the tires were rubbing. I just inspected the round rubber cushions and most of them show significant deterioration and that concerns me since I've towed less than 450 miles. Tomorrow, when there is better lighting, I'll post some pictures.

Has anyone had these problems? If so, what was done to fix it?

BTW: Contrary to the Lippert advertisement, we have not seen any evidence that these devices improved the RV ride at all.

jbeletti

Dave,

I think the rubber items are called biscuits. Call Lippert tomorrow to see what sort of life they should have. Also, consider carefully measuring your spring hanger brackets and compare to specs (get from Heartland).

Jim

TXTiger

I replaced my TowMax 235/80/16 tires with XPS Ribs 235/85/16. My tires are also now very close due to the 85 vs 80 size. I had an alignment shop measure all three axels, take pictures and send the info to Lippert. Lippert determined that all was well and in alignment . The rubber biscuits between the front and middle axel on both door side and off door side were extremly cracked. The rubber between the middle and rear axel was ok. I returned to my dealer and had my dealer replace the two bad rubber biscuits under warranty. The distance between the tires did not change!! The tires don't seem to rub but there is very little distance between them. I hope that the tires don't rub when I take it out on the road soon.

DW_Gray

Okay, here are some pictures. Before I contact Lippert, what do you think? After getting a closer look and using a flashlight, some don't look so bad and may be normal under load.

F-DS (Small).JPGF-DS- (Small).JPGF-ODS (Small).JPGF-ODS- (Small).JPGR-DS (Small).JPGR-DS- (Small).JPGR-ODS (Small).JPGR-ODS- (Small).JPG