Increase RW 390 kitchen storage and electrical outlets.

remoandiris

My wife and I really like the openness of the 390 living area, but the cost for that openness is storage space in the kitchen. If the 390 had more storage space in the kitchen, it would be at the top of our list for purchase.

I saw only one electrical outlet in the kitchen. It is beside the cooktop. It would be nice to have a few GFCI outlets below the counter at the sink.

A fullsize microwave instead of that compact unit and a very small cabinet on the side of it would be a nice option.

way2old

My wife and I really like the openness of the 390 living area, but the cost for that openness is storage space in the kitchen. If the 390 had more storage space in the kitchen, it would be at the top of our list for purchase.

I saw only one electrical outlet in the kitchen. It is beside the cooktop. It would be nice to have a few GFCI outlets below the counter at the sink.

A fullsize microwave instead of that compact unit and a very small cabinet on the side of it would be a nice option.

We liked the RW390 also, but the most important reason for us was the kitchen and living room being separate. We never liked sitting in or near the kitchen watching TV or relaxing in the a shared living area. Smaller storage space in the kitchen is the offset just as you stated........and no king in the bedroom and the small shower are also effected, but having the best and comfy living room was our most important consideration for fulltiming. We also felt that since we will be trying to stay where the weather is good while fulltiming....... the kitchen size will not be as frequent vs bbq outside/whatever.

My understanding is more Heartlands will be introducing more models with the RW390 style layout in the upcoming months.......maybe some of the items you wanted will be in these units.

You might look at the the Heartlands Cyclone 4000 for more kitchen, bedroom and bathroom space, but still the kitchen and living room being separate.

I would have liked the option of no loft in the living room and the entire wall between the living area garage folding in.. like the new Gulfstream Enduramax which I have been told is not being produced anymore or production was put on hold due fixing some engineering issues in the slides. The Enduramax also had a warmer feeling.

However in saying this about the loft this area would be a great storage area in your bedding needs do not exceed the bedroom and two beds in the garage. Finally........I was wondering if both beds in garage were say 2.5 feet from the ceiling if this could be used for storage for owners not using these for guests sleeping...do you know about this?

We are interested how all this turns out for you.........please do updates as you progress. Thank you

Mike

we are looking very seriously at the 390 (and the cyclone 4000). But as mentioned the storage (lack of) in the kitchen is a draw back. is there any addition storage that might be added in the 2014 model? and if so does any one have a picture? Thanks Wally

danemayer

Hi WallyWorld,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Sometimes with questions like this, you might do better to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective Road Warrior customer and ask to speak with someone on the Brand Manager's team.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The 390 has just had a couple of small changes in the kitchen area to increase kitchen storage. We pushed th corner pantry out a little further to give another 6" of depth in the cabinet. We also eliminated the kitchen window and put in a 14" deep cabinet that goes from the countertop to ceiling for more storage. We have also increased the TV size to a 50". These minor changes made a big difference in the kitchen storage space.

I am considering a 390 and have agreed to terms via e-mail, however I do not see any place for dishes in the kitchen on on line photos, could someone please tell me if there is ANY cupboard space in the kitchen at all ?

danemayer

I am considering a 390 and have agreed to terms via e-mail, however I do not see any place for dishes in the kitchen on on line photos, could someone please tell me if there is ANY cupboard space in the kitchen at all ?

Hi MarkMullin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Hopefully a RW 390 owner will fill us in on cupboard space.

Mgondeck

I own a 2013 390. There is a deep cabinet under the counter next to the sink. But very little space for food storage. I love my 390. But I lacks storage space in the kitchen. I believe the designers of an RV should be required to spend 2 weeks in it before they sell it.