New Sink Faucet

mowillie

I started a thread a while back about how close the stream of water out of the stock faucet was to the back of the sink basin. And it causes a problem when washing hands and dishes or just about anything.
It was in the General Discussion section.....and now we have a NEW section!
So yesterday I final got around to fixing the issue. I replaced it, and the water falls to just about middle of the sink.

Attachments

• 20130227_163309.jpg
    20130227_163309.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 20130227_163642.jpg
    20130227_163642.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 259

Carmenh

I keep meaning to check mine out to see how big a job it would be to replace. Is it a standard faucet or RV specific?

mowillie

Is it a standard faucet or RV specific?

Bought at HomeDepot. I wanted a single lever instead of the separate hot and colds. So i had to cut the center jole out for the water fittings. The base covers the existing holes pluse the anchor bolts go through them too. Took ten minutes.

Carmenh

Cool! I don't mind the separate hot and cold, it's just butt-ugly and too short. So I wont even need to drill. Yay, may be an excuse to hang out in the trailer for a while this weekend! :)

marc515

Bought at HomeDepot. I wanted a single lever instead of the separate hot and colds. So i had to cut the center jole out for the water fittings. The base covers the existing holes pluse the anchor bolts go through them too. Took ten minutes.

Can you please share which faucet make & model you purchased?

mowillie

Marc515
If you can do any kind of plumbing...you could probably make anything work. Here is the one i used because it was only $60 and had a long neck.

Attachments

• 20130303_080043.jpg
    20130303_080043.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 121

Carmenh

Wow, $50 and 5 minutes and the ugly faucet is gone! Now I have a nice bar faucet with a bit more length, and it is even set up to attach a hose to if I ever need to!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362342054.690290.jpg

mlo166

Great idea! Although we don't do much washing cuz' we use paper/plastic products... we reattached the hot -cold handles to extend towards the inside so that we don't accidently bump them on with the stuff we place near the sink! Of course, your idea is better so that there is no hot-cold extended handles! :)

MountainTop

We also replaced the sink faucet with a single handle standard kitchen faucet with a long neck. Matching up the existing lines with the current style and diameter of standard plumbing required a trip to a plumbing supply place. Happy with the results!