Want to connect an HDMI cable to the TV

Our Landmark San Antonio has a Sharp Aquos TV's. I was able to lean the bedroom TV forward enough to get an HDMI cable plugged in so I could input from my laptop but the TV in the front room will not budge. Does anyone know how to remove/move it enough to get a cable connected? The front room TV is over the electric fireplace. Later, J

danemayer

There is probably a piece of wood trim above the top of the TV that keeps it from moving up. If you remove the 3 screws holding the trim, and slip the trim out of the way, you can lift the TV off of it's mount and you can probably balance it on the counter. Probably a good idea to have a 2nd person there to help.

You may have to route the cable through holes in the woodwork. A coat hanger and a flashlight will help you find and grab the cable. Again, a 2nd person is needed to hold the TV while you do the routing.

As long as you're routing cables, you might want to take a look at this guide in the manuals section of the Forum and add additional cables to connect the TV audio to the Surround Sound System.

When putting it back on the mount, there are probably TWO brackets on the wall; one high, one low. The corresponding brackets on the TV have to engage with both to hold the TV securely. After you're sure you have it back in place, put the trim back.

jbeletti

Jack,

Dan has it right on removing the TV.

For routing the wire, open and remove the slide out storage drawer on the let, behind the TV. This will give you easier access for wire routing. Worked for me when I had a San Antonio.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Might this be a good time to remove the TV completely and replace the fixed mount with an articulating one? Make future service needs easier. Just a thought.

Dan thanks for the step by step instruction on how to remove the TV and for seeding the idea to tie the TV to the surround sound. John the swing mount is a good idea also and might get on the "to do" list depending on how difficult getting the cable(s) connected goes. Jim I have already had my head and a flashlight stuck in the slide out drawer and see what you mean. Later, J