Need a fifth wheel hitch installed in an 2012 F350 156" wheel base.

Joebethlamb

Hello Folks,

Does anyone know a good place to get the pullrite 15k fifthwheel hitch installed in my 2012 F350. I am in the F'burg, VA? I had this same hitch in an F150 (yup F150) and think it is going to require new mounting rails for the F350.

jnbhobe

Hello Folks,

Does anyone know a good place to get the pullrite 15k fifthwheel hitch installed in my 2012 F350. I am in the F'burg, VA? I had this same hitch in an F150 (yup F150) and think it is going to require new mounting rails for the F350.

Darn, your two weeks late, I was in Fredericksburg at my daughters for Valentines Day. I have an extra 18K Superglide for a Ford I am going to sell.

Porkchop

My husband and his friend (very tool smart) were able to do the installation themselves. It was the the one with the super rails that leaves the bed of the truck completely free.

It took them maybe 1-2 hours of installation, 4 holes in the bed that was very easy to do. I was told that the super rails is MUCH easier to install b/c you don't have to modify the frame. They just took out 2-4 screws and bolted in the system underneath.

I think the hardest thing was finding out that they had to remove the spare to get to the area underneath and finding the tool to lower it.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, I hope you find someone! Ask any camping world or places that sells hitchs and ask them how much it will cost.

Good luck!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Call Safford RV or McGeorges (in Ashland) and ask them who they use to install hitches. I'm sure there's a shop somewhere near you that can get the installation kit if that's all you need (sounds like you still have your original 15K hitch).

Joebethlamb

Thank you all for the replies. Well looks like we were able to install the hitch ourselves. Definitely not a two hour job. I will have to write that story up as it was quite hilarious but successful.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thank you all for the replies. Well looks like we were able to install the hitch ourselves. Definitely not a two hour job. I will have to write that story up as it was quite hilarious but successful.

Good for you!
That hitch has a history now and you saved a few dollors in the process.

beasleyrl

I know its a little late, but I'll second what Jimmy said - "Truckin Thunder". If you need anything for your truck, they seem to have it. They also don't seem to mind installing things purchased elsewhere or previously purchased. I've had my last 3 hitches installed there and haven't bought a hitch from them yet. I've also had them install an extra 7 pin in each truck to make the connection a little cleaner. Good luck with the new truck!