A few questions from a new owner

pvandy03

Just picked up our 3055rl and are on our first trip. We are really enjoying it and sure appreciate the thought Heartland put into the design. Wife wife is one happy camper.

I have noticed a few things and am hoping you can help with a few questions:

1) The Eureka vacuum that was installed with the unit seems to have very low suction. I have checked everything I can think of (inspected the housing, the bag installation, ensured I have fully plugged in the attachment, etc). It has just enough suction to pick up things off the hard surfaces, but not enough for anything on the carpet. Any help would be appreciated.

2) Near the front of the cab (in the bedroom) when we are walking around there is a pretty noticeable squeak. It appears to be coming from the front stablizers. I'm wondering if there are any suggestions for this as well. I'm thinking a stablizer (tripod) for the kingpin might help to reduce the movement in the front end.

Thanks,

Happy owners!

ChopperBill

I am not the factory but I like to stick my noise into things. :rolleyes: Our 3055 has a squeak also. I found it was coming from where the sink vanity meets the wall. I seems to come and go with the temperature. At times its pretty loud.
Our Eureka had the same problem. Take the door off of the compartment where the canister is mounted. Bet you find that hose is too long and has bend or kink in it. I shortened mine up so it just reaches and it works a lot better. These vacs are minimal at most anyway, but better than nothing. While you are in there you might vent the vac exhaust some where out side of the compartment (if the factory hasn't started doing it). If a bag should break you sure don't want all that dirt blown into all the electrical stuff.

soilmovers

pvandy03 said:
Just picked up our 3055rl and are on our first trip. We are really enjoying it and sure appreciate the thought Heartland put into the design. Wife wife is one happy camper.

I have noticed a few things and am hoping you can help with a few questions:

1) The Eureka vacuum that was installed with the unit seems to have very low suction. I have checked everything I can think of (inspected the housing, the bag installation, ensured I have fully plugged in the attachment, etc). It has just enough suction to pick up things off the hard surfaces, but not enough for anything on the carpet. Any help would be appreciated.

2) Near the front of the cab (in the bedroom) when we are walking around there is a pretty noticeable squeak. It appears to be coming from the front stablizers. I'm wondering if there are any suggestions for this as well. I'm thinking a stablizer (tripod) for the kingpin might help to reduce the movement in the front end.

Thanks,

Happy owners!

My husband and I bought our 3055 this summer and love it, too.
The central vacuum works fairly well on the carpet. There are two adjustments on the attachment- tile and carpet. You will know if you have it set correctly for the carpet- it won't budge with the brushed down! lol I change the bag about every other week, so I know it is working.
We also have the same squeak in the bedroom- just in front of the dresser. It's on my list when it goes in for warranty work.

5erWonk

On the vac, check to be sure the cap is closed completely on the outlet in the basement when using the inside outlet....We found ours slightly open when we first used ours, thus lowsuction.

We have the same squeek on our 3055, probably coming from a front jack....Just a reminder that we're in a trailer.

Enjoy the new rig!!

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We had a squeak in front of the shower and when it was looked at they found that the wood wall in the basement was rubbing on the aluminum joist. They just cut the chip board a little to stop rubbing and viola, the squeak was gone. We still have one by the register in the kitchen that they said they can't so anything with..../Doug