Camping at Vel Terra Ranch, Woodbine, Illinois

Chuckles

P1060726dt_zps7848b676.jpg

jimtoo

Hi Chuckles,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for the picture of the campground,, but bet it was just real recent either:) ,, maybe 6 months old, but that's OK we like pictures of campgrounds and folks enjoying life and their Heartland units.

Since you found the forum, please think of joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending some of the rallies and meeting and making lots of great friends, and also eating lots of great food.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

canakiwi

Great scene. Question is, where did you get your awning? It looks fantastic, everyone will want one including me.

Chuckles

Kevin & Sharon,

My wife and I custom designed the awning. I built this version using one continuous flexible fiberglass pole to form an arc matching the shape of the MPG. It took a month to measure, design and build the various fasteners, poles, tiedowns and create a strong and efficient system to attach the awning to the drip rail along the roof line. My wife made and sewed the canopy from special waterproof, rip stop, ultra violet resistant outdoor fabric. She ordered dozens of fabric samples before settling on this material. Everything is triple reinforced, triple stiched, waterproof and all hardware made of aluminum, brass or stainless steel.

The awning sets up in 5 minutes and everything collapses and stowes into a small, flat duffle bag. We like this design as it will flex and give in high winds and heavy rain without tearing. We also designed a second, more traditional square canopy using fixed aluminum poles. Entire material cost for both designs was under $250. We are in the process of patent research for other trailer designs.

Our MPG 183 is also a one-of-a-kind with many custom interior modifications done by us and the Heartland factory. We enjoy the MPG as it pulls well behind the 5,000 lb tow rated Jeep and we get 14 mpg while towing!

Chuck

danemayer

My wife and I custom designed the awning. I built this version using one continuous flexible fiberglass pole to form an arc matching the shape of the MPG. It took a month to measure, design and build the various fasteners, poles, tiedowns and create a strong and efficient system to attach the awning to the drip rail along the roof line. My wife made and sewed the canopy from special waterproof, rip stop, ultra violet resistant outdoor fabric. She ordered dozens of fabric samples before settling on this material. Everything is triple reinforced, triple stiched, waterproof and all hardware made of aluminum, brass or stainless steel.

Great job!

marc515

Chuck,.......Great Awning! What did you use for the track, and where did you get it? Thank you