Looking to buy a 3010RE-Have a couple questions.

Al.K

Went to the spring RV show in Sacramento CA last weekend.
The wife and I decided the Bighorn 3010RE is the next coach for us.This will be a major upgrade from our 2000 Sunnybrook TT.
After lookin at it more than a couple times,With everything opened.We have a couple questions.
With the slides in all the way.Can you open the right side refregerator door? Would like to be able to get a cold drink when stopped for a break.
Also can you get through the island area to the rear of the living area?
In the Bighorn info it says the surround sound system has a sub woofer.Where is it located?
Has anyone upgraded to a G rated tire from the factory?We were told by a factory rep it would cost over $1500 to do this.Would this also include an upgraded wheel as well?Seems a little expensive,if its just tires only.
I'm sure we will have more questions as time goes on, but we have an excellent deal in the works to order this unit.
Thanks,Allen

danemayer

Hi ALK,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I think I can answer the tire/wheel question. The 3010RE comes standard with E rated tires and no doubt has matching wheels rated for 80psi. The G rated tire (Goodyear G614) carries extra weight by inflating to 110psi. That requires upgraded wheels. So I'm sure if you order this as a factory upgrade, you'll get upgraded wheels.

We have a Rushmore, which is a very similar floorplan - just a few feet longer. We love it and I'm sure you'll enjoy the 3010RE.

I'm sure a 3010RE owner will chime in shortly to answer your other questions.

Garypowell

I'll try and do it your order.

Yes you can open the right frig door and other than what's in the left door you can get to most everything but best if you put traveling food on the right.

Well by climbing over the faucet you probably could. Have never tried.

The woofer is in the cabinet below the stereo system. Works fairly well but not for audiofiles.

Ours came with standard rims and they were 110 pound rated but crawl under to be sure. Pressure rating is stamped or moulded on inside of rim.

We bought 614's for around $1,700. We had three blow outs with our previous unit.

Loaded we range between 13,000 - 14,000 pounds so I'd advise you get them. You might try getting a deal with dealer.

We also got front air from factory so it is ducted in south this is a must in my book. Also hydraulic front and convection.

We simply love the unit and have had little trouble with it and have put on about 2,000 miles since last November

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I would also suggest adding the hydraulic leveling system. I wanted it on my Bighorn but it came standard when I upgraded to the Landmark. The electric power cord reel is nice but it's not a necessity like the levelers.

K

karykatz

All bighorns have optional 6pt leveling system.

I hope this helps

Al.K

Thanks to all for the info.Looks like the electric power cord reel is N/A on the 3010RE.We are getting most all of the upgrades/packages.At this time we are not getting the auto leveling jacks.But the dealer we are going to can install them at a later time.I know this will cost us more,but we are buying more trailer than we set out to buy.
We are ordering the generator prep so we can add one later if we want.We started out looking at a Sundance.But because of the price we are getting on the BH,we can get so much more.

jnbhobe

If you get the gen prep get the generator too, its hard to add one later and a lot more expensive.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
We got our 3010re last fall and love it. You have got all the correct answers. We got ours at Manteca RV. Ask for Brandon. Get the Generator at time of sale. We did not get the 6-point system..later when money availavble or I'm older. Got any other questions send me email.
Good luck

Al.K

Well,it looks like things are moving along nicely.We received a copy of our units MSRP last week.Looks like the coach was completed the end of last week.Its now in the hands of the transportation company.And we are looking to see it in the next week or two.In the process of getting all of my hitch and wiring done.Along with air bags for the rear suspension.

Eagleglenn

We purchased a 2014 BH 3010 RE and although we have only used it twice to date we have really enjoyed the comfort and amenities it offers compared to the 20" Aljo we traded it in for. The right side refrigerator and both freezer doors can be accessed with the slides closed. There are a set of tandem valves in the hydraulic compartment that allows you to control which slide you want to open. So you can access the rear area or cabinets without having to open both slides fully. One thing I can recommend is getting the Lippert slickers for all three slides. They run about $64 per pair and will protect your flooring and carpeting from the wear points the slide rollers make when the slides are fully closed. We have roller marks in our linoleum floor just behind the kitchen island that extend out towards the cupboards. The dealership believes this is a manufacture issue, but Heartland customer service had denied the claim to make the flooring repairs twice. You would think that sense heartland stated that this is "Normal", that this simple fix would have been disclosed and these parts offered as standard equipment or as an option. If you want your rig to remain pleasant to your eye and something you like to show then get the slickers.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your slides need to be adjusted if that is the issue. I had same problem but it was gouging the Lino and after adjustment no marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagleglenn

Did you get the dealership or Heartland to pick up the repair costs to your lino since it was caused by a slide being out of adjustment?