ATF: North Country - Lights in slide out suddenly not working

maldam

I have a 2010 North Country 30FKS. This last week the three lights (two in the roof, one on the wall) in the slide out suddenly won't work any more. The bulbs in the two ceiling lights are OK.

Q1. What fuse do these lights go to ?

Q2. How do I get out the two bulbs from the light on the wall - screw or pulll or push down and twist or .......??

Q3. How can I trouble shoot/ approach this problem ? Any suggestions as to what to check ?

Q4. Any idea as to what could be the problem ?

Thanks

Maldam

danemayer

Hi maklam,

I'm not familiar with the Nourth Country layout, but from your description, I'm assuming that all the 12V stuff in one slideout has failed, BUT all other 12V stuff in the trailer works.

There may be some labeling on the fuse panel cover. Also, many fuse panels have LEDs that light to indicate a blown fuse. If no help there, I would cut power and pull each fuse, one at a time, and visually inspect. If nothing is found, use the OHMs setting on a voltmeter to check each fuse, again one at a time.

If the fuses are ok, I would look for an electrical junction box on the bottom of the slideout to see if there's a loose connection.

If there's a blown fuse, I would also check for a junction box and potential wiring problem causing a short.

I'm afraid I don't know what kind of light fixtures you have, so no advice on changing bulbs.

Hopefully another North Country owner will jump in.

RuralPastor

Look underneath your unit to see the cable that connects power from the main unit to the slide. There is a junction box. I would start there, making sure there is power. I am guessing you have a loose connection, or a broken wire.

danemayer

How come I'm not getting any response from the factory/manufacturer ?

Hi maldam,

While the factory monitors this and selected areas on the forum, they don't necessarily see every post. Also, when service questions arise, it's usually other forum members who respond. Heartland employees would generally refer you to your dealer service department for diagnosis and repair.

Have you tried any of the suggestions previously offered?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Maldam, it would be impossible to diagnose your problem on the forum or on the phone. All anyone can do is offer suggestions on what to look for. Sounds to me like a loose wire in the junction box.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Maldam, I had a very similar problem on my Bighorn and it turned out to be the splice at the Mar connector inside the belly from main body of the unit to the slide had separated. Hopefully you find your problem. Doug

maldam

Maldam, I had a very similar problem on my Bighorn and it turned out to be the splice at the Mar connector inside the belly from main body of the unit to the slide had separated. Hopefully you find your problem. Doug

Thanks. Mine was a similar problem. Poor workmanship.