ATF: Big Country - Slide circuit breaker

Bob Vaughn

When I put my slides in every couple of seconds they stop and I have to wait a couple of seconds to get them to go again. I think it may be an auto reset circuit breaker but am not sure. Is it something I can replace? and if so where should I get one and what do I ask for? Thanks...

danemayer

Hi Bob,

It's the symptom of a weak breaker, or perhaps a loose wire or low voltage from the battery. But most of the time a new breaker fixes it. Your local auto parts store should have these. It's a "50 Amp 12V auto-reset circuit breaker". Probably cost about $10. Local RV dealer parts department will also likely have them. Easy to replace. I would cut off the battery and shore power while doing so.

Bob Vaughn

There are 4 of these circuit breakers on the buss bar. I do not know which one it is.....I think it is the one that already has the 30 amp fuze for the front leg motor on it but I am not sure. I guess I could just keep swapping them out till I find the right one. It is a pita to get the nuts off......

danemayer

The top row of terminals will likely have 2 large red wires. One goes to the power converter and uses a manual reset breaker with the tiny button on the bottom. The other should be the hydraulic pump for slides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Vaughn

Here is a photo of my buss bar. I do not know which one of the circuit breakers is for the slides....I thought I could listen for it to click but the pump motor is too loud....
Circuit breakers.jpg

danemayer

Left side - Of the two in the middle with large red wires, one probably has a teeny-tiny reset button on the right end. The other one probably is for the hydraulic motor. If you take it off, it probably is stamped 50 Amp.

Power off.

Bob Vaughn

I am happy to report, that I am back in business. I picked one of the circuit breakers that I felt was the most likely to be the one, which was the one with the 30 amp fuze for the front legs. I took the large red wire off it and went inside and tried to run the rooms out.......BINGO nothing.....so I replaced that one with the new one I bought from NAPA and put it back in then went inside and ran the rooms out and it worked like a charm.......Too bad heartland does not mark wires or put a placard that shows what the circuit breakers are for.....

Theresau

Joe just replaced our breaker - he was able to purchase from Advance Auto - it was around $5. He used a volt meter to determine which breaker to replace. Breaker that exhibited 12 volts when he hit slide switch he replaced.

Works like a charm now.