Hitch for 2011 M21 Edge

danemayer

Hi DrDoug,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I expect you'll get some opinions shortly.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome DrDoug, I can't help with your hitch question but once you get it figured out I'd like to invite you to join us at some chapter events. Amy and I will be at the Billings KOA April 19-21st and our chapter rally is this fall. Consider taking advantage of a one year complimentary membership in the Heartland Owners Club and joining us. It wont cost nothin and the food aint bad. If you have any questions just shoot me an e-mail.

pegmikef

I don't know for sure, but when I bought my Edge, they installed the EazLift 14,000 pount weight distribution hitch (he said they only installed the stout ones because you never can tell about moving up to a heavier unit). It worked great pulling the Edge with an F150 and there was no sway. I since moved up to a bigger unit and use the same hitch. I would imagine a 10K hitch would work great and give you room to move up to a bigger unit. Just make sure that the ball height is set correctly in accordance with the hitch instructions.

DrDoug

I don't know for sure, but when I bought my Edge, they installed the EazLift 14,000 pount weight distribution hitch (he said they only installed the stout ones because you never can tell about moving up to a heavier unit). It worked great pulling the Edge with an F150 and there was no sway. I since moved up to a bigger unit and use the same hitch. I would imagine a 10K hitch would work great and give you room to move up to a bigger unit. Just make sure that the ball height is set correctly in accordance with the hitch instructions.

Thanks for the info I think the dealer is installing a 6000 Lb weight distribution/anti sway