fewer topics

phranc

How about fewer topics? It woud be easier to find subject and look busier. It seems you(we ) get some Bighorn posts in the Land mark section anyway.
When the forum grows you can expand it as needed.
Well, wadya tink?

Cheryl

I think they have done a fine job separating the topics. It makes it easier to find specific posts. For example, when we finally got to take ours out for a weekend, I was able to find the posts on the correct way to use the remote for the air/heater without having to reread every post. I think it is up to each and everyone of us to make sure we at least try to post in the correct topic.

Cheryl

We got a little pamphlet for the remote. It was in the clear envelope with all of the other booklets. It was a lot easier to get the information on here. Especially about using the "I feel" mode.

jbeletti

Hi phranc and gang,

Jeff and I can move posts from forum to forum as and if needed. If you see something that should be moved, please drop eith of us a PM with the URL to the post to be moved and what forum you feel it should be moved to..

With respect to the way we have the forums split now, this was pretty much our initial setup. If forums need to be resplit (as things get busier) or combined, this can all be considered. Keep giving us your feedback on how to make the forum even more useful.

Thanks,

Jim

Cheryl

I think they are great as is. It makes it nice for those normal people that just want to read what pertains to their type of unit. Not everyone is "obsessed" like me and reads everything on here (too much free time on my hands since school is out and vacation still a week away). Anybody want to start a Heartland Owners Anonymous?:eek:

jbeletti

Cheryl.

It's obvious that you too are infected/inflicted with Heartland Owners Obsessive Disorder (H.O.O.D.).

The good news is that you know what the cure is (CAMPING!!). So you've at least admitted/accepted your disorder and you have a recovery plan.

You can do it Cheryl and... we're here for you!

By the way, I've always felt they were kind of corny, but more than once, it has occured to me that it would be nice to have an online chat feature. Maybe just an adhoc sort of one where users could start it when they want (vs. a schedule chat). Am I whacko on this one?

Jim

Cheryl

H.O.O.D. cute name. But what are we to do when summer is over and winter sets in again?:confused: (We need a crying icon).

I don't know about the chat, I never got into them. My kids used to instant message when they were away at school. I guess that is kind of the same.

jbeletti

Cheryl,

Crying icon - good one!

You know, instant messaging may be a good alternative to adding a little used chat module.

Actually, if you can see it, I have 3 instant message icons in the upper-right corner of my posts. They appear there because I provided my Instant Messaging screen names for AOL, MSN and Yahoo.

I really only use MSN (MSN and Windows Messenger). If you click on the MSN icon, I can be added to your user list and let the chatting begin!

I think I'll update my profile and remove the AOL and Yahoo icons as I never log into those chat applications.]

Jim

Dusty

One of the nice things about living in central Texas, rarely ever see snow, rarely ever gets below 20 degrees and then only for a day or two, its always camping weather, ya gotta love it

Dusty