Slide Room Floor Replacement

buckeyebob

Dont want to ruin your day but i have a 2009 nk2900,and just paid 2500 dollars to have the bedroom slideout floor replaced!!i called heartland and was not impressed with the response i got.rather than listen to all the excuses and blame directed at myself i paid avalon rv in medina to do the job.you get a 1 year warranty and half of that is winter around here.the guy i talked to wasmt interested and actually sounded like he was half asleep!!why anyone would put particle board on a camper floor slide is anybodys guess.he basically told me i was out of warranty and probably didnt caulk as needed.i would try to get insurance to cover it as a collision .good luck

wdk450

Re: Back of camper is coming off!!

Buckeye Bob:
The slide floors were made by a special company that (I believe) touted them as completely water sealed. It turned out they weren't. I remember reading a lot of postings about this on the forum, and I though the Vendor company was providing some relief to Heartland owners on this. Hopefully someone who was more directly involved in this issue will pipe up with the right story/data.
Maybe do a forum search on the term "slide floors".
Think about finding out who the Heartland Product manager is for the "NK" line is, and contact him.

jbeletti

Post 1 of this thread was moved here into it's own thread it was not relevant to a thread it was made in reply too.