New 2013 Greystone 33CK

robzen2

We Just took delivery on our new 2013 33CK. Fam is Me and the Wife, 19m/o son, 6 y/o great dane/boxer (130lb)and 4 y/o Jack Russell mix (60lb). TV is a 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab std bed 4x4. Had a 5th wheel as a kid but new to it as an adult. I look foreword to any help and advice that I can get. I have too many questions to even get started but it looks like this is a great forum to get the answers!!

danemayer

Hi robzen2,

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is the place to come for answers. You'll find lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of helpful and friendly people.

The manuals section of the forum has many of the manufacturer manuals in case you're missing any. We also have some recently created user guides and troubleshooting guides created by Heartland Owners for Heartland Owners.

robzen2

We are getting into the RV life so that we can travel with our dogs however i see that dogs in general seem to be a hotly debated topic within the RV community. I personally believe that dogs are not the problem, but that their owners can be. That being said, We are looking to go places where they can enjoy the trip with us, understanding that allowing them to run free and create havoc is not something that anyone should expect, I like my peace and tranquility as much as the next person. If anyone has any recommendations for places in CA that fit the profile, i would love to hear them.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome!

Its wonderful to see some younger people joining the forum. We need young families to be part of our community.

As far as traveling with dogs, we traveled through WA, MT, WY, and into SD with our German Shepherd last summer. We also have a doxie who is far more likely to bite than her "sister". I did check out the parks ahead of time, but I only found one that wouldn't take us because of our GSD. We decided that we didn't want to stay there anyway and found a nice park that welcomed our girls with open arms and doggy treats. Good responsible owners are almost always welcome.

We do try to pick places near things where we can take the dogs to walk, run, and play. We don't have any trouble finding places like that. One of our favorite places happens to be where we are having the OR rally in June. Winchester Bay RV has lots of grassy areas to play on, but mostly, the dogs like to walk on the beach just up the road a few hundred yards, or walk on the bike path that runs the length of the park. There are lots of sand dunes right there as long as you are careful about all the ATVs our playing on them. Those are good for you to go play!

If you can make it to our rally(info in the Events tab of the forum) that would be a good way to meet several HL people and have fun with your family and learn about your new home on wheels. Either way, enjoy your new BC and all the fun you are going to have.

Kristy

robzen2

Thanks for the info and the invite. We would love to make it up to Oregon sometime this year seeing as we are looking to move someplace in the southern end with the next 5 to 10 years. As far as researching the camps prior, what is it that you look for or is it best just to call? My research so far has only turned up the generic pets allowed, breed restrictions and so forth. Are there any good online resources (other than here) that are more detailed? Our boys are pretty well behaved but can appear intimidating due to size. We leash them for their safety but feel that as domesticated wild animals, they deserve to be able to be "Dogs" every once in a while, understandably not in others camps, tires, generators or ears of course. We have never traveled outside of CA with them so I can't speak for other places, but at least here in SoCal the dog restrictions are pretty tight.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Well, if they talk about breed restrictions, I will call or look for another place right then. We found that it was usually pitbulls and rotties they were talking about. If they don't want our dogs, we don't want to stay there anyway. But then, we are big on our dogs being very well behaved, and we always pick up after them and try to get them to a dog walk area before they go anywhere else. We aren't very understanding of people who don't take care of their dogs and the chores that come with them. Kind of like we expect parents to raise their kids to be respectful and responsible, we expect the same of dogs and their owners.

Hope you can make it up here some time.

Kristy

robzen2

Talked to the DW today, looks like we might be able to make the rally, do you know if there are good spots still available?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I think there probably are. Give them a cal and be sure to tell them you are with the Heartland group. Try to talk to Sharon if you can. That is who seems to be keeping track of our reservations.

Hope you can make it. Be sure to post here or pm me with your reservation dates, site, phone, etc.

Kristy

Geodude

Congrats on the new trailer. We've been very happy with ours, and very happy with how responsive Heartland has been to any questions or concerns. We were recently at the Ottawa Spring RV Show to spec out our next 5er (when the kids are finished camping with us, which is slowly happening) and my DW said she didn't see anything she liked more than our 33CK.

robzen2

Good to hear Geodude. We shopped around and really liked the Greystone. It does not seem that there are too many out there. Aside from the minor bugs that the dealer still has to fix along with adding a fireplace under the TV we are really pleased. We are going to take it on its maiden voyage next week, so we will see what bugs are there that we are not aware of yet. So far the only thing that is jumping out at me is that the AC does not seem to put out much volume in the bedroom or the bunk house. Bathroom gets nice and cold though. Any advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Geodude

Good to hear Geodude. We shopped around and really liked the Greystone. It does not seem that there are too many out there. Aside from the minor bugs that the dealer still has to fix along with adding a fireplace under the TV we are really pleased. We are going to take it on its maiden voyage next week, so we will see what bugs are there that we are not aware of yet. So far the only thing that is jumping out at me is that the AC does not seem to put out much volume in the bedroom or the bunk house. Bathroom gets nice and cold though. Any advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

We found the same thing with the AC. I took the easy route and used some Saran wrap to block the ceiling vent at the top of the steps, adjacent to the bathroom door, and did the same thing in the bathroom. We didn't like cold air blowing on us when we step out of the shower. We did punch a small hole in the Saran wrap cover in the bathroom so there's a bit of fresh air going in there.

Some have opened up the air conditioner and adjusted some of the venting, so that might be another option. There were a few threads here about that.