2011 Edge M21 modifications

evolvingpowercat

I bought a used 2011 Heartland Edge M21 last summer and have really enjoyed it. I wanted to tow with my 7,800 lb. tow capacity VW Touareg SUV and have the total length of SUV plus TT be less than 40 feet so I can use NPS campground 40 foot total max length spaces. I have been doing upgrades...

Made all the window frames bug tight. Replaced all window screws with stainless steel ones.

Replaced front vent with reversible remote control with rain sensor Fantastic Fan
Upgraded the rear vent with a better exhaust fan.

Installed a pre-pressurized accumulator tank near hot water heater, and replaced a 2 foot length of OEM PEX in and under the pump compartment, with its horrible 4 90 deg fittings, with a single continuous run of cross-linked poly tubing to improve flow and pressure and to eliminate surging shower and kitchen sink when on water pump.

Replaced the OEM Towmax with Maxxis Trailer Tires and Orange Tire Pressure Monitoring System

IMG_0237.jpg

Replaced the weak OEM omni TV antenna with a Jack OA-8000 Digital Directional TV antenna.
Added a Winegard Sensar Pro TV antenna control panel with 20 dB amplifier and channel specific signal meter.

IMG_0239.jpg IMG_0238.jpg

Replaced the TV with a 32" model

IMG_0240.jpg

Put a 4" full queen memory foam topper over the OEM mattress, extended the OEM with couple of pool tubes on the head end to match
Built a bed base extension with storage to support the longer mattress
IMG_0241.jpg

Replaced the crackling outdoor speakers with Pyle Marine speakers
IMG_0163.jpg

Installed a 1200 watt inverter and solar panel charge controller in the pump compartment
IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0090.jpg

Modified the microwave cabinet and put a Sharp combo Convection Oven Microwave there

Photo1.jpg

Added 80 watt portable solar panel
IMG_0118.jpg

Ready for spring!
photo.jpg

Randy--great looking mods! Don't suppose you would be interested in sharing the microwave mod? We have the same EDGE model. Did you do anything with the jack knife sofa?

evolvingpowercat

I did the microwave upgrade last year and here is a link to a post I did on the project.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...e-Oven-Upgrade?p=261670&highlight=#post261670

evolvingpowercat

I just drilled the hole with 2" hole saw and mounted the Jack per the Jack instructions. Sealed per the Jack instructions and no leaks. Best to get a tube of Dicor lap sealant and do it right, that is what I did.