Munzee - A real world scavenger (Smart Phone required)

jbeletti

Munzee is a real world scavenger hunt game where items are found in the real world and captured using your smartphone. You then level up and gain rank based on your score. Points are obtained by capturing other people's munzees or when your deployed munzees are captured by someone else. Munzee is based off of the fundamentals of geocaching and adds another layer of fun to the hunt.

Hey Heartlanders - have you ever heard of Geocaching? Are you a Geocacher? Would you like to learn about a game, similar in some respects, but easier to play?

Follow the link above to learn more about what Munzee is. A bunch of us Heartlanders are now Munzers (those who Munzee). We've been having a lot of fun over the winter of 2012/2013 learning the game, playing the game and having fun with it together.

We've even created a Facebook group for Heartlanders that are also Munzers - where we share tips and chat about Munzee.

I am creating this thread now to expose a few more to the game and to learn who else here are also Munzers.

Jim

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kelly and I have seen where they are even making there own magnetic Munzees. This is a pretty cool way of doing it. Has anyone else seen these?

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Yes I'm a premium member since Happykrout got me started in Gillette. The munzee team released two weeks ago about a location less munzee. Here is what they sent in an email.

Social Munzees
You've asked for a location-less munzee that can be put on a t-shirt, business card, bumper sticker....anywhere. Introducing, the Social Munzee. All premium members get one for free. Addional socials can be purchased in the store.

These can be put anywhere a QR code can be visible including a website or a billboard. Your imagination is the limit! Besides being location-less and mobile, the Social Munzee can be branded with your own custom logo (500 pixels x 500 pixels). Each user then has a Social Wall showing off logos of Social Munzees they have captured.

More details: http://www.munzee.com/store/Social-Munzee.html

I have been thinking about puttin mine on my signature.

jimtoo

Just tried it,,, did not work for me... showed not deployed. Maybe I was to fast..
Jim M

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I've got the QR code deployed on my MUNZEE page so it should be scannable.

dalspot

We've been geocaching for about a year, had signed up for a Munzee account a while ago, nothing much near us, but now I have our first capture :)

Karen

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
OK - I'm dumb as dirt!!! Someone will have to walk me thru this at a future rally. Help please.
B--

happykraut

Rex, under your munzee it says "SCAN THE QR CODE FOR POINTS". I just want to clarify that NO points are earned for capturing/deploying a social munzee.

happykraut

We've been geocaching for about a year, had signed up for a Munzee account a while ago, nothing much near us, but now I have our first capture :)

Karen
Karen, since there aren't any in your area, have you considered deploying some? Deploy and sit back and earn points. One of the nice thing about munzeeing, unlike geocaching, is the fact that you can deploy them all across the country.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Jim mentioned a Facebook group for Munzers. You can click the link to be added.

Not sure where the addiction group is located, but sure there will be one soon for those of us that need help. You'll see light poles, parking lots, signs, trash cans, etc. in a whole new light.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Rex, under your munzee it says "SCAN THE QR CODE FOR POINTS". I just want to clarify that NO points are earned for capturing/deploying a social munzee.

Yes. I just figured that out a little while ago. Is that because it was free to the premium members? If you buy one do you get points for them?

happykraut

It is a very very good rule. It keeps you from getting thousands of points without ever leaving your computer. I personally am very glad that no points are given.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I'm excited...I became a MUNZER today:) I captured and deployed...this is going to be so much fun!