Big Country MSRP

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
When I ordered my 3560SS in April the MSRP was 66,449. That may have changed by now though

jam20ster

I've heard any where from 30% to 45% off of MSRP is this really a reasonable offer to expect to get a deal ?

A good rule of thumb is 30-34% off. Most people i know that walk away with a smoking deal is the 33-34% off range. This may vary on line up and year model.

What i have seen is some dealerships creating their own MSRP and then working down from that. Be careful with these dealers as there are lots of tricks played.

Always ask for the MSRP from the manufacturer not the dealership.

jbeletti

Hi Jim. Any luck with the new MSRP and build sheet? We're looking at the new 2017s.

No luck on this and I apologize for that. I have sent in another request. I suggest you call Heartland at 574-262-5992 and ask for BC sales. Ask them to email you the MSRP. If I do end up getting it - I will post it :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You beat me to it! I was just about to call but figured I'd check here first. Now I'm curious as to what the "4011ERD" is. :)

Thanks Jim!

Saw the 4011ERD also!!

Pure speculation, RD usually means rear den.
ERD maybe a version with the "Entertainment" in the door side slide, like the Big Country 3965 DSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFMagnum

Talked to Heartland and they said the 4011ERD is the same as the 4010RD except the rear den is elevated to allow additional storage undernieth.

TravelTiger

Talked to Heartland and they said the 4011ERD is the same as the 4010RD except the rear den is elevated to allow additional storage undernieth.

Interesting! I posted on your thread with the link to the flyer.

Wonder if the GVWR increased as well, if you're giving extra storage??

relic57

Noticed that the 3450ts is no longer being made. We are so very glad we ordered ours last may, probably got one of the last ones made. It fits us perfectly.
Dave

AFMagnum

I have a question when trying to determine my target pricing: the latest build sheet shows an automatic discount of $5,800, effectively making the Independance Package (which is required) free of charge. When I'm trying to determine my target percent off MSRP, should I include the $5,800 in the MSRP or not include that in my calculations at all? It makes a big difference when trying to determine if the dealer is quoting me a good price.

For Example: If I order a 4010RD with no additional options, should the MSRP be $79,049 (base price plus Elite & Independance packages), or $73,249 (base plus Elite)? 25% off $79,049 would be a target of $59,286.75; where as 25% of $73,249 is $54,936.75.

I guess it comes down to dealer's invoice. If the $5,800 is a factory incentive to the dealer after the sale and their invoice is based on the higher MSRP, then I would certainly include that in the MSRP. But if dealer's invoice is determined after the $5,800 discount, then I feel it shouldn't be factored into the MSRP.

From the example, if the MSRP is $79,049 (without discount) and the dealer's invoice is based on $73,249 (with discount), then that's an automatic $5,800 the dealer "calculates" into my discount therefore giving them a bigger profit and less savings for me.

NYSUPstater

A similar question to last poster on pricing. E-mailed dealer as to what we wanted as options and asked them to price it up 2 ways. 1. Clean deal. 2. With trade. Reason for #2 is just in case we don't sell ours in time. That being said, my question is more so for # 2.

If we have to go that route, do we still aim for the clean deal price and work "upwards"? Know we won't get what we want for our coach (at least I think we won't), but IF we did, I know the dealer will "raise" price of new coach at same rate. Truck dealer told me years ago that customers can't have it both ways. Max trade and lowest dealer price. Has to be either wholesale/wholesale or retail/retail.

Like last poster, just an example for explanation purposes. Say new coach is $80,000 msrp. Less 25%-30%, now at $56,000-$60,000 (on a clean deal) is what we should pay for it. Can someone explain how/ where a "target" price should be with a trade? How is it calculated/figured?.

FWIW, NADA has our coach valued around $19,000. I'd be happy to get 15-17K. Last couple of dealers we spoke to at RV show over past couple years quoted us a trade of around 11K. Don't mind a dealer to make a couple bucks off me, but not few thousand as they'd probly put RV on lot after we left for same price we would ask.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

FWIW, NADA has our coach valued around $19,000. I'd be happy to get 15-17K. Last couple of dealers we spoke to at RV show over past couple years quoted us a trade of around 11K. Don't mind a dealer to make a couple bucks off me, but not few thousand as they'd probly put RV on lot after we left for same price we would ask.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Some people think NADA values might be somewhat on the high side.

Dealers will have more than a few dollars of cost in handling your trade. There's the time value of the money they give you, and it can sometimes take a while to sell a trade. They have risk on the condition of the trade and may end up making costly repairs that aren't forseen. They may pay their sales people a commission. And of course they want a profit. And if they can make a few thousand dollars profit selling a new unit, why would they want to expend effort selling a used unit and make much less.

So assuming you can get a best price on a clean deal, you'd also get a best price on a trade, with all those things taken into consideration.

The other alternative is to sell it yourself - but as many have found, that can take a while.

rnewk52

Well, we had a little mishap with our new 2017 BC4010RD and it looks like the insurance company is going to total it. If so we will be ordering another new 4010RD. The current BC was purchased off the lot. My question is; if we order another one is the 8k axle option still available? I don't see a "special build" sheet for the BC on the forum. Thanks.

TravelTiger

Well, we had a little mishap with our new 2017 BC4010RD and it looks like the insurance company is going to total it. If so we will be ordering another new 4010RD. The current BC was purchased off the lot. My question is; if we order another one is the 8k axle option still available? I don't see a "special build" sheet for the BC on the forum. Thanks.

Oh no! What caused them to total it?

rnewk52

We were entering a parking lot to Discount Tires in El Paso Texas, the entrance was inclined up and as the trailer crested the incline and entered the level parking lot the front two leveling legs on the off door side contacted the pavement which bent the cylinder mounts and also bent the left frame rail. The cylinders still work !! We are still waiting on the final decision from the insurance co. Two local dealers and a reputable welding shop all say its doubtful it can be repaired properly. We really like this model and will definitely get another one if this cannot be repaired.

TravelTiger

We were entering a parking lot to Discount Tires in El Paso Texas, the entrance was inclined up and as the trailer crested the incline and entered the level parking lot the front two leveling legs on the off door side contacted the pavement which bent the cylinder mounts and also bent the left frame rail. The cylinders still work !! We are still waiting on the final decision from the insurance co. Two local dealers and a reputable welding shop all say its doubtful it can be repaired properly. We really like this model and will definitely get another one if this cannot be repaired.

Oh no, so sorry to hear. We love our 4010RD as well, and like the changes they made for 2018 (Specifically, adding a full size pantry.)

I hope it all works out for the best for you.

Bones

Does anyone know If heartland is going to allow disc brakes to be ordered now on different model lines like the BC?

jbeletti

Does anyone know If heartland is going to allow disc brakes to be ordered now on different model lines like the BC?
Dave - I haven't heard of any such talk. With MORryde and Performance out there as aftermarket options, don't let lack of the ordering option be a show-stopper :)