ATF: Greystone - Delamination

smanc

We purchased our Greystone 32RE in Aug 2012. It appears the bedroom slide is delaminating on the outer right lower side of the slide. Is this an issue seen in other unites and is there something that can be done?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have not heard of delamination on the bedroom slide. Can you post pics? I would take pics and call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032. They will want to see the pictures. Water intrusion is usually the first assumption for delamination, so it is key to show that.

Erika

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Get HL and your dealer involved right away. You still have 4 months of warranty left.

smanc

Went by the dealer today and show them the delaminated area. He took pictures but I do not think they will show up very good. They didn't seem to be encouraging about getting much help from HL. I do not think I want them to apply a glue to the area. I was told it needed to have a new skin installed or a new slide at HLs factory. This did not come from the dealer but an old RVer that has worked on more RVs than you can count. O' well, I will not be surprised about anything that happens. Had this unit 8 months, used it 6 times and always end up in the shop after I get back for 2 to 3 weeks. Been there more than my place. Thanks for your responses of help. I will see what happens from here.

kowAlski631

Has your dealer actually contacted HL? If it was my rig, I'd call HL myself to see what they say. Not saying your dealer didn't, but I like to hear the evaluation of an issue from the source.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree, talk directly to Heartland. It may be a costly and time-consuming warranty repair in the dealer's eyes, and that may be why the dealer is shying away from it. I would contact HL direct. They can evaluate and tell you your options. They know their product best.

Erika

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Any good body shop that repairs Corvettes can do the repair. Contact HL service directly and discuss you issue and will find you a repair shop that can do the repair.

smanc

I assume the dealer has contacted HL about the problem but We were on our way to north Georgia when I showed them the delamination. I quess I will here from them when I get back. If not I will be contacting HL when I get home. Again I thank everyone for thier input.