Bighorn 3610re

ElmerG

My wife and I are trying to decide on the Bighorn dual pane window option. We just got are financing approved today and will be purchasing our new 5th wheel tomorrow, just can't decide on which unit to select. There is a big price difference between dual pane windows and one without, just trying to determine if the extra money is worth it. Any advice? Thanks

jimtoo

Hi ElmerG,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would highly recommend the dual pane windows. There is a big difference in the insulation and noise.

Hope you get some more thoughts soon.

Enjoy the forum and get your new camper and go camping.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Elmer's,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I think you'll find that most people who get dual pane windows would do it again. Helps us a bunch in subzero weather and also cuts noise. It probably helps some in hot weather, but IMHO maybe not as much as in freezing weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have dual pane windows and we will never be without them. Like Jim said, the insulation and sound difference are well worth the extra cost.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is the extra money worth it??? Only you can decide that, however there are a lot of people willing to help you spend your money.
Seriously, I have had them in the past, have em now and will have them in the future.
I feel they are worth it.

Peace
Dave

ElmerG

Thanks for all the help!! I just don't want to make the wrong decision and regret it later. This is a very large investment and I want to do it right the first time.

danemayer

As long as we're helping you spend your money, another thing that everyone would buy again is auto-leveling. And fireplaces are good if camping in cold weather. 2nd A/C unit is a must unless you never expect to see 90 degrees. And upgrading wheels/tires to Goodyear G614s is something no one ever regrets.

Kbvols

So now that the RV upgrades are about covered what kind of tow vehicle do you have? Tires? TPMS? aux fuel tank..This spending ElmerG's money is a lot easier than spending mine!

boatdoc

When buying our BH, we sat in two different trailers next to each other, one with one with out and the noise difference was what sold us on the dual panes.