Questions on the Insulation in Gateway

jimpav

We are at the urbanna rally now and our new Gateway 3200 i being delivered tomorrow. We will swap out all our things here from our beloved Eagle Ridge 35DSRL. After looking at the rest of the heartland line, we decided ( for our price point) that the Gateway was the RV for us. THe only concern that I have is the power management for the inverter and the-residential refrig. Seems like the factory is working on a fix, but wonder when that will come? We are leaving on a thousand mile trip from here and don't want to have spoiled milk etc. on the road.

1_oldgoat

Thought i would put my two cents in here, before my wife and i decided on the Gateway we looked at alot of other fw's, so many at times i couldn't remember which was which or what had what, when we got to the short list we had a Big Country and Gateway on it along with another manufacture, anyway we finaly made our decision on price point and options, the Gateway had more std options than any other fw we looked at, the BC could be ordered with extras but raised cost.
As far as insulation, alot of you know we were stuck in Spokane last winter through some extremely cold temps and the Gateway was more than adequetly insulated, sub zero for almost two weeks, inside was fine, propane usage not bad considering were were heating water as well as using the furnace and stove, 3-4 days per tank. The low drains were the weak link for cold weather camping and some help from others got me up and out of trouble there.
I think any rv would have issues in the weather we went through but the Gateway was more than impressive. I wouldn't hesitate to full time it in this rv in any weather now. As far as temps in summer the dual ac's keep the fw very comfortable, that was an option on the BC

danemayer

What is the problem with the power management for the inverter?
The refrigerator manufacturer changed compressors and the new one was overloading the inverter at startup. A firmware change on the inverter allows the inverter to handle the higher momentary surge, resolving the problem.

Gsxr130

I didnt know this was happening in the gateways also, my residential fridge run fine on the inverter.