few simple question (New Owner)

firstone

The fittings that screw on to the WH and out side shower as well as others will work there way loose. Whats the best way to stop this so I don't find leaks? I thought about safety wire or some kind of RV goo on the threads?

Should I go ahead and pull the outside shower as well as other connections at the outside wall to inspect for leaks the first time I hook up to city water? I have used the water tank with no leaks so far.

When going from the fresh water tank too city water do I need to turn any valves near the fresh tank. There are valves there for antifreeze pick up but didn't know if the city water would back fill the tank?

RuralPastor

I didn't check mine and found they were loose...at 3 in the morning! Didn't know that I had a clothes washer in my bedroom. The outside shower on my unit is connected right below the wardrobe, and right above my converter. I no longer have an outside shower. At 52 years old, I don't like showering outside anymore.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Apply Leak-Lock (blue or gold) to clean threads. You can still remove the theaded piece later if needed.

firstone

Yep probably the dumbest place in the world for this connection. Can you get to the back side by going through the bedroom closet??? What is that little tube in the outside showe controll box? A tell tale for a leak on the back side???

I didn't check mine and found they were loose...at 3 in the morning! Didn't know that I had a clothes washer in my bedroom. The outside shower on my unit is connected right below the wardrobe, and right above my converter. I no longer have an outside shower. At 52 years old, I don't like showering outside anymore.

danemayer

When going from the fresh water tank too city water do I need to turn any valves near the fresh tank. There are valves there for antifreeze pick up but didn't know if the city water would back fill the tank?
The water pump typically has an internal one-way valve that prevents city water from filling the fresh tank. The bypass and antifreeze valves are only used when winterizing/dewinterizing. The Hot Water Heater Bypass allows you to introduce antifreeze into the water system without putting $40 of antifreeze into the hot water heater. If you bypass the Hot Water Heater, you won't get any hot water out of the faucets. AND, if you drain the Hot Water Heater and leave it bypassed, and then turn on the electric heating element, you'll damage the element very quickly. You might want to review the user guides and troubleshooting guides that we've been working on. There will be more guides coming, so check back periodically.

RuralPastor

Yep probably the dumbest place in the world for this connection. Can you get to the back side by going through the bedroom closet??? What is that little tube in the outside showe controll box? A tell tale for a leak on the back side???
Hi Mike, I pulled the drawers out and could reach everything. I plan to reconfigure the outside access into a recessed storage compartment. There's quite a little wasted space back there. I have the 265rls (very similar to the North Trail 26rlss).

firstone

Thanks, I looked at mine and under the draw is solid. Next to the fuse panel there is a 6x9 pannel that is ressed but no screws to remove it. May have to pull the outside and then cut hole in pannel for an inspecton door.

Hi Mike, I pulled the drawers out and could reach everything. I plan to reconfigure the outside access into a recessed storage compartment. There's quite a little wasted space back there. I have the 265rls (very similar to the North Trail 26rlss).