Air bags or spring

Snow

Need help deciding what to use to level my truck , the big country 3650 squats my truck a little ,not much but enough that I think I need a little something on my 2013 f 250 super duty 6.7 , Iam sure the answer is on this forum somewhere but iam still finding my way around so I thought this would be faster , any help would be appreciated ,thanks ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

Milton_and_PeggySue

We just got a 3251 TS Big country that weights 14000 Lbs loaded and it does squads my F-350 super duty, I did add air bags and keep them at 50 PSI, they are a great help.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We added the Firestone Airlift bags with the on-board compressor. With the on-board compressor, you can adjust the level of the truck from inside the cab which is great. When we are pulling the Grey Ghost, we level the truck, then let the air back out for a more normal ride after we get to our destination. We had a type of air shocks before that you had to fill the shock by a valve installed in the bumper but wont due that again.

Snow

Thanks everyone but keep them comeing do I need the onboad compressor ?? I said earlier that it didn't squat much but after loading everything in my RV it squats pretty bad , my next trip is in 3weeks so I would like to have something before then and ow Firestone VS Air Lift the air lift has a remote which was nice ! ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

scottyb

I have Firestones but the Airlift's get good reviews as well. The on-board compressor and guages would be a nice luxury, but not mandatory. If/when I add one, it will also have a frame mounted air tank so it can replace my other air compressor. I carry a pancake air compressor in my Cyclone for now, but these air bags use such a small volume that you can air them up with any 12v compressor.

brianharrison

I use a Bicycle pump with gauge to inflate my Firestone Ride Rites air bags. I went cheapo. Ran the air fill valves to the license plate area. Brian

Attachments

• DSC03359.jpg
    DSC03359.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 110

GOTTOYS

I have air bags. About 18 psi levels it just just fine. I put my air fittings right next to the trailer plug I installed in the bed of my truck. A simple 12 volt compressor with an adapter to plug it into my trailer plug works for me. I air them up once when I hitch and deflate them when I get to where I'm going for a smoother ride when empty. Can't see a reason to buy an expensive on board air system for that..Don

Pizzaguy

I installed the WirelessAir by Air Lift on board compressor system and love it. It is great to be able to change the feel of the air bags based on the roads. On smooth roads you can get a softer ride, but when the roads are rough you can increase the psi to help with the bounce or chucking. I figured we will have this truck a long time and went with a better system to begin with and not have to upgrade later. Do I need it--no, but it sure is nice!

piet10

Last summer I installed Firestone airbags on my 2012 Ram 2500 CTD, with the two fill valves in the back. They worked great, but I got tired of letting air out and refilling when we hitched and unhitched. Plus, Firestone says to keep 5 pounds at all times. Mine would gradually lose pressure over several days, so out came the air compressor again. I just installed the wireless air compressor 2 weeks ago and am very happy with it. Like a previous poster said, it is handy to dial in a new setting to match the road conditions. Plus I can monitor the pressure when unhitched and maintain 5 pounds if needed right from the cab.

There is an optional frame mount kit available, which installed very easily just under the driver side rear door. I bought everything from http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/ and was very pleased with the service. Free shipping, and usually a promotional offer.

Al

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I use a Bicycle pump with gauge to inflate my Firestone Ride Rites air bags. I went cheapo. Ran the air fill valves to the license plate area. Brian

X2......takes about a minute to check and fill before I pick up our 3650. I put 30lb psi (un-hitched) in valves I installed in license plate with bike pump. On board compressor would be nice, I just like my $$$$ in my pocket better:cool:

DuaneG

I had the Timbrens and they worked great for keeping a level truck and we're cheaper. But for some reason when unloaded my truck would sometimes bounce and bottom out when the space between the Timbrens and the axle would connect. It was forceful and annoying, so I removed them and put on the Firestone ait bags. I no longer have the bottoming out when there is a dip in the road.

I put the air valve to inflate them under the wheel well, so I did not have to bend over as much and they are out of sight and work great.

Sent from my cell phone. Please forgive typos and spelling errors.

gebills

We have the Firestone Ride Rites installed; run with about 15 lbs in them when towing. Mounted the two air valves beneath the bumper on an existing 3/16" plate; looks nice and clean. Always have the air compressor in the basement if needed. We never load to the hilt anyway, meaning not so much pressure is needed. I'm of the same philosophy as previously stated; I would rather have the money in my pocket.

ncrzrbk

About what price do you guys pay for firestone air bags. I have seen them priced all over the spectrum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Snow

375.00 is the best i could find and thats for a 2013 250 , happykraut do have a link or name that i can get ,and thats for firestone right??, the guy that installed my hitch said 450.00 plus install for 55 an hour and might take 3-4 hours 'ouch' .which i thought was high when he installed mt B&W for 130.00 but i did buy it from him. thanks iam getting closer. i think ill go with firestone now just gotta work on the price thanks everyone, have a great day

brianharrison

375.00 is the best i could find and thats for a 2013 250 , happykraut do have a link or name that i can get ,and thats for firestone right??, the guy that installed my hitch said 450.00 plus install for 55 an hour and might take 3-4 hours 'ouch' .which i thought was high when he installed mt B&W for 130.00 but i did buy it from him. thanks iam getting closer. i think ill go with firestone now just gotta work on the price thanks everyone, have a great day

They may be priced different for different kits - yours may be a newer kit and the costs charged may be higher.

Brian