Newbie -- Would I regret not having the Leveling Up Option?

loudounrv

I think I'm close to my first purchase, a Cyclone 4000, and I'm narrowing in on the options I think I'll need/want.

There is a trailer local to me without the leveling up option, and several from outside my area with the system. One of these salesmen told me I might really regret not having the leveling system.

From a newbie's perspective, he made a lot of sense. But before taking his advice to the bank, I thought I'd check in with the experts here. It seems like the leveling system would make pulling into camp and setting up a breeze. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your advice.

DuaneG

If I was to do it again I would get it. Its a 3-6 grand upgrade after the fact and would rather it be done at the factory.

It really just depends on how much your time is worth. Some like levelling and others love the convenience of having it.

Wharton

We have been rving for 40 years and have never considered a level up. We rarely use our boards to get the trailer level, most sites are good enough for us. If we are camping for a long period of time(1 week plus) then we get a bit more serious about being reasonably level, mostly so the doors(especially refrig) don't go swinging to much. We consider "good enough" so that we don't notice the tilt.

I consider it a nice luxury item, would rather put my money into a Morryde IS suspension and maybe disk brakes.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I had it added to my last rig as a"show special" at the heartland Homecoming rally in Goshen two years ago. I had really considered it a "nice to have but not totally necessary" option. Now, I wouldn't be without it. When we ordered our new rig, that's the first option to be ordered. I love it and would never get another rig without it. It's still a "nice to have but not totally necessary" option, but it makes my lfe so much easier when setting up (and breaking down) that I no longer considerer it an option, just a must have.

danemayer

We discussed a similar question in a recent thread.

You might not miss what you never had. But no one who gets auto-leveling would give it up.

4ever

If you get it you will not regret the decision. Sure makes set up a whole lot easier. Would never be with out one again.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We discussed a similar question in a recent thread.

You might not miss what you never had. But no one who gets auto-leveling would give it up.

Exactly!! Had it added to first coach...first option checked on new coach!!!

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Didn't have it on our first BC......have it on 2nd BC......LOVE IT!!

And, think about the, hopefully never, flat tire experience in the middle of nowhere.....lift the tires off the ground with the touch of a button for a quick change!!
(NOTE: always use safety precautions when working around or under unit)

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Kenny says the best money we ever spent!! He would never give it up.. All he has to do now is unhook and push a button can't get any easier then that!!LOL!!

DW_Gray

After 3+ years of full-timing, I have an appointment on June 12 to have it installed in Goshen. I can hardly wait!

Eddhuy

I don't have it yet but it is less than 15 minutes to level up without them, usually much less. Side to side is the only work and I check that before trailer is in final position, lay down the correct amount of blocks then back onto them then just level with the front landing gear. Pretty easy and costs a whole lot less but not as convenient certainly.

New tires and rims, IS and maybe a couple other items have priority.

Speedy

Wanted it, don't have it and I'm glad I don't. Reading this forum for as long as I have I was shocked by all the complaints about it not working right, bad controller, reprogramming and then the mystery popping noise that Lippert has yet to figure out the cause and repair at no cost to current owners. I like simple systems they tend to fail less often and are cheaper to repair.

olcoon

When/if we upgrade that is one thing it will have, along with the electric reel for the power cord. I'm starting to get too old & gimped up to be crawling around leveling & toting the power cord around. Or maybe I'm just getting too lazy?!!

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
When/if we upgrade that is one thing it will have, along with the electric reel for the power cord. I'm starting to get too old & gimped up to be crawling around leveling & toting the power cord around. Or maybe I'm just getting too lazy?!!

Yep, electric power cord was another add to the new BC.......loving it too!!

Lazy?? I was born lazy, and at this age I am having lots of relapses! :rolleyes:

dave10a

My six point level system is a must have. It not only takes all the guess work out of leveling and hitch connection, it also saves me money by allowing me to easily rotate the tires and service the bearings and brakes. I lifts all four wheels off the ground with not problem.