repair blacktank drain valve in 2011 bighorn

harleykid

Hello I need some help with my Black tank drain valve. I have a 2011 Bighorn 3585rl. When I bought it the valve was hard to work and slowly
got worse. We put chemicals in it to lube the rubbers but nothing worked. the thing got so hard it pulled out of the cable. how can i fix this problem.
Well heartland back there product and take care of this?
Thanks harley

danemayer

Hi harleykid,

If you're the original owner and the trailer was purchased less than a year ago, it's covered under warranty.

It might not be that hard to take care of it yourself. If you look at the sewer drain pipe, you'll see it enters the front section of the underbelly on the off-door-side. If you remove the coroplast moutning bolts in that corner, you can gain access to the valve assembly and can probably re-attach the cable. You can also inspect the movement of the gate valve slider independent of the cable movement to see what needs lubrication.

Garypowell

If you determine you need to remove the valve put the rig up on a couple of blocks so the liquid goes to the other side of the tank.

I simply cut the line on the other side of valve from the tank and when done used a 4" rubber repair fitting from Home Depot.

danemayer

took down underbelly and still can't find black tank or dumpvalve.
The gray #1 tank may be underneath the black tank. With the underbelly down, you should be able to follow the 3" pvc pipe back to the black tank valve assembly. Looks like this.

Last edited: